Need Advice On Where To Buy Interactive Toys/puzzles

Little Gifts

I need to urgently get some interactive toys/puzzles that release or dispense food for Tempeh and I have no idea where to look. I've seen a dog use the Nina Ottosson Tornado dog bone shaped toy and a behaviourist recommended Kyjen products but my head is spinning and I am yet to find a site that seems to have a good collection that I can look at to make some comparisons. I need something that can be used for food (eg kibble, fresh chicken) and not treats so that Tempeh works for her meals. So if any of you have done something similar I'd love any advice you can give me on what is worth buying and what isn't. A Kong is of no interest to her but she loves to use her nose and paws. I'd also like to buy one of those drink bottle thingies where if she tips the bottle up the kibble will fall out but have no idea what you call them to even look them up

Thanks in advance.

Guest crazydoglady99

A good old muffin tin (baking pan) and tennis balls is a good emergency toy!

Otherwise I have zero to offer. Sorry!

Does she rip up cardboard? If yes maybe scrunch newspaper around kibble and put inside a box. If you use packing tape on the corners she'll really have to work for it (and so will you afterwards cleaning up the mess lol)

Just thought of another. If you use a Stanley knife to cut small holes in a plastic container (like a coke bottle) then put her kibble inside with the lid on, she'll have to roll it around until kibble finds a hole. My cat loved this one too lol.

Here's a link to a DIY version of the treat dispenser I think you're talking about too: http://www.dailydogtag.com/diy/diy-treatfood-dispenser-paw2014/

The Petlife play system ones you can get at most pet supply stores. I had a look on the Nina Ottosson web site and it says they ship world wide.

The busy buddy toys are really good. I think Petstock have them.

I find the kong toys are great if you get creative. My dog loves them filled with chicken necks and mince and then frozen. If I don't freeze them she has any treats out in a few seconds. The Aussie dog toys are very strong and interactive. They have a home alone range. You can hang it up in a tree and the dog pulls on a bungee and treats come out of a ball.

I hope some of my suggestions help. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback everybody! I've been working my way throught it all.

A lovely DOLer has a couple of items she would like to get rid of so I will be taking those off her hands. I also went on Pinterest looking at some DIY ideas and we will be making a plastic plumbing pipe with holes in it and one of those stands with empty soft drink bottles that they have to flip to get the kibble out. She loves toilet rolls too so I'll be putting those in a tub with kibble hiding underneath. I already have most of the stuff for the snuffle mat too as I was going to make some of those for rescue recently. This morning we tried kibble in a closed egg carton and she just looked at me like I was mad. She has an injured nose at the moment though (and she is a noser) so I have to be careful not to keep deskinning it with any games.

I think I was overwhelmed when I first started looking online at all the toys - so many to choose from and no idea which ones she will even like!