Music And Dogs

amf

I love music and have the radio on all day when I am at home and the station I listen to has been playing Paul Simon's song Call Me Al at least once a day lately. When it comes on, Charlie stops whatever he is doing and starts barking and looking around as soon as he hears the whistling. I have to turn the radio off until I think it's safe to turn it back on.

There are quite a few other songs with whistling in them that he reacts to, including Paul Simon's Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard (Paul Simon is a serial offender!) and Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People.

Just wondering if anyone elses dog reacts to particular songs or music?

We have a little bunny toy that used to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star music box style when you pushed its tummy and whenever I made it play all three dogs would stop whatever they were doing and sit enthralled head tilting at bunny. When the music wasn't playing they would pick him up and play with him but as soon as he started singing to them they'd just listen :) He doesn't sing any more because he's been through the wash a few times.