Major

Scottsmum

Found this buried away on facebook. Old Maj died just before facebook really took off and well before smartphones so there aren't many photos of him online.

post-51207-0-18028400-1458377962_thumb.jpg

This photo was taken on his 14th birthday - which he just so happened to share with my Step-mum.

He was a lovely boy. The product of my dads weimaraner bitch getting out one season and having a bit of a date with the local rotty who lived lis life on a chain out the back of the local fish and chip shop (well, we assume).

Major was one of 5 - 2 black, 2 brown and one grey like a weim. All heavy set and most often mistaken for Labradors in looks and nature.

Maj stayed with Dad after 3 unsuccessful attempts to home him. One where they drove him out, took one look at the place and turned around and bought him home and two where he was returned for crying non-stop.

He lived his life with him Mum, Brit, until she passed away in 1998 and a few months later I moved in, bringing Guinea, my bossy boots fox terrier with me. After her arrival was a kept man, providing the muscle to Guinea's brains. Oh - he also came with XL everything - which she thought was wonderful as she could boss him off his extra large bed and out of his gigantic kennel.

He really was a wonderful, gentle giant and is still very much missed even though he's been gone 8 years now.