Best Gear For Removing Hair?

MIR

Hi,

My husky puppy of 14 weeks has been losing a lot of his hair so I was wondering what tool is best to minimize the hair from flying everywhere? I have seen some mixed reviews of the Furminator and I am not quite sold on buying it.

Also, what tool is recommended for removing hair from furniture, car seats and clothes?

Thanks!

Lots of others will be able to give you better coat care tips than I can. I do have a furminator & dont like it - I find it too hard to use on an old, small, short haired dog and they're known to be harsh on coats.

As for living with fluff...

1) Learn to embrace it ;)

2) invest in some sheets & towels or a really good quality car seat cover / crate your dog in the back of the car. We have a yars - it has a sheet on the back seat full time and then we swap out two towels - on on the actual seat and one on the back bit as needed.

3) cover the furniture

4) I have a lint roller - but have also used a roll of plain sticky tape (the wide stuff) is best to run over clothes. A damp face washer is also a handy tool.

and

5) we had a broom for a while with a special name (can't remember what) but it was basically a rubber broom they use at the hair dressers. It was great for removing the very find fluff from our three long haired cats.

I find the lint rollers with sticky disposal tape better for de-furring clothes than the material clothes brushes, but mostly I just avoid wearing any dark clothes! (our dog is fawn & white) :laugh:

I cover furniture/seats with towels, blankets or sheets, and we vacuum weekly using a top of the range vacuum cleaner. I also practice actively avoiding looking at dropped fur, lol. Our dog is part of the family and he's allowed on the furniture, so while we do our best if people are so against having a little fur on their clothes when they visit they can just deal with it frankly. :o

I'm not sure how to specifically groom a husky, so hopefully some husky people with drop in. Either way, regular grooming will really help with cutting down on the amount of dropped fur.

Edited by Papillon Kisses

I find the lint rollers with sticky disposal tape better for de-furring clothes than the material clothes brushes, but mostly I just avoid wearing any dark clothes! (our dog is fawn & white) :laugh:

Mine is black and white. My Dad, for a very long time only owned black cats :) and my mum is still waiting for "ginger" coloured clothing to come into style

Agree invest in buying a dryer now & teach your puppy to be blow dried,the dog doesn't have to be bathed for this to be done & you could do it weekly .

You can buy very good budget dryers that will last many years if you look after them .

Good slicker brushes ,a comb & in the perfect world a grooming table will be your best friend .

And as already mentioned learning to embrace hair because it will be your new best friend but the more effort you make weekly to brush through & keep a good coat the easier it is & the less volume you will have