Dna Testing

Scottsmum

Without looking at DNA results I would have picked Kelpie but as all the pups are cream and quite small something unknown that is smaller in there. The eyes don't look all Kelpie thou.

Interesting. Will the pup be about 50cm at the shoulder fully grown?

Nice pup thou.

Not sure how big she is / will be.

Without looking at DNA results I would have picked Kelpie but as all the pups are cream and quite small something unknown that is smaller in there. The eyes don't look all Kelpie thou.

Interesting. Will the pup be about 50cm at the shoulder fully grown?

Nice pup thou.

Not sure how big she is / will be.

having seen dozens and dozens of kelpie x border x coolie pups I have never seen one resembling them. and there are some lovely cream kelpies and borders. the head just isnt right and if no one remembers all three, kelpie, border and coolie, have a neck ruff, on the border and the coolie, in addition they have ruffs down the back of the legs and long tail hair. the kelpie has a shorter body coat but the border and the coolie have LONG COATS on the body .Those puppies are smooth coat with no neck ruff or leg ruffs?

ok this pup is chocolate but see the ruff that runs down from the ears even in a baby as young as this which is a fair bit younger than the first photo of the gold puppy

Hey found a photo of a gold smoothcoat Coolie, only ever seen the longcoat ones.

https://blog.pawedin.com/app/uploads/2015/12/koolie-laying-down-in-the-grass.jpg

post-716-0-20556500-1478774629_thumb.jpg

Edited by asal

Malcolm's BITZA circa 2009.

Explanation:

IMG_1474_zpsryg4b7ci.jpg

Result:

IMG_1475_zpsbxpnesjs.jpg

The report then went into

- an outline of each breed and what traits I might see from each

- anticipated behavioual and personality traits based on a combined score of the three breeds, and

- the likelihood of developing particular health conditions

They nailed this one (recommended exercises/games): :D

IMG_1479_zpstdsmqqvx.jpg

The dog:

image_zpsfr2rnogp.jpeg

Edited by Papillon Kisses

Malcolm's BITZA circa 2009.

Explanation:

IMG_1474_zpsryg4b7ci.jpg

Result:

IMG_1475_zpsbxpnesjs.jpg

The report then went into

- an outline of each breed and what traits I might see from each

- anticipated behavioual and personality traits based on a combined score of the three breeds, and

- the likelihood of developing particular health conditions

They nailed this one (recommended exercises/games): :D

IMG_1479_zpstdsmqqvx.jpg

The dog:

image_zpsfr2rnogp.jpeg

how cute is that, looks like a big bambi type chihuahua

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=bambi+type+chihuahua&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjVw62ZsKnQAhWBHZQKHRV-CTwQsAQIHg&biw=1920&bih=971#imgdii=TGudzSUQ4WgU3M%3A%3BTGudzSUQ4WgU3M%3A%3BbFATbYm9Blvx2M%3A&imgrc=TGudzSUQ4WgU3M%3A

check out this link. my favorites are 1, 5, 14, 20 and 21, although 37 might be a ring in as a litter mate for yours.

a few ring ins though 15 is too domey to classify as bambi type, as for 23 hilarous somehow I dont think a wolfhound look qualifies, 24 head too domed, 25 hilarious just to mention a few

Edited by asal

The dog:

image_zpsfr2rnogp.jpeg

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=bambi+type+chihuahua&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjVw62ZsKnQAhWBHZQKHRV-CTwQsAQIHg&biw=1920&bih=971#imgdii=TGudzSUQ4WgU3M%3A%3BTGudzSUQ4WgU3M%3A%3BbFATbYm9Blvx2M%3A&imgrc=TGudzSUQ4WgU3M%3A

check out this link. my favorites are 1, 5, 14, 20 and 21, although 37 might be a ring in as a litter mate for yours.

a few ring ins though 15 is too domey to classify as bambi type, as for 23 hilarous somehow I dont think a wolfhound look qualifies, 24 head too domed, 25 hilarious just to mention a few

The wolfoundish dog. :rofl:

My vet refers to him as a little deer. :D I didn't realise they were a specific type, the last I read about Bambi or deer type Chihuahuas was pedigree breeders saying that they weren't true Chihuahuas and not to be fooled! It seems this isn't the case and they've always been around but just weren't chosen for the standard? I actually prefer to the look so would probably only ever have a rescue Chihuahua type dog. I wonder if both types are accepted elsewhere in the world, do you know? Or is this something that shouldn't be discussed on a purebred dog site. :o

The dog:

image_zpsfr2rnogp.jpeg

The wolfoundish dog. :rofl:

My vet refers to him as a little deer. :D I didn't realise they were a specific type, the last I read about Bambi or deer type Chihuahuas was pedigree breeders saying that they weren't true Chihuahuas and not to be fooled! It seems this isn't the case and they've always been around but just weren't chosen for the standard? I actually prefer to the look so would probably only ever have a rescue Chihuahua type dog. I wonder if both types are accepted elsewhere in the world, do you know? Or is this something that shouldn't be discussed on a purebred dog site. :o

Ridiculous isn't it, the Bambi type is the original type. Frankly if they had stuck to the real dog of the Incas then cesareans would be a thing of the past, but show breeders have a bad habit of taking a part of the standard and morphing it, it says Apple Dome head but no where does is say to aspire to the full apple instead of a slice.

got myself in hotwater many a time with members of the Chi club.

got the last laugh when the sentance "in the case of equal merit the more diminuative preferred" was deleted quick smart after the doco

"Pedigree dogs exposed" went to air.

Had spotted as early as 1978 too many judges were skipping the "equal merit" bit and just selecting from the smallest in the lineup.

yes they are a toy breed but El Pis, the male Dorothy Harmer brought back from Chile was twice the height of the modern Chihuahua, did they stick to the standard of thousands of years? nope they "improved" them out of almost recognition.

The Russian Toy Terrier looks more like Hilarys original dogs.

Its not just dogs, cats suffer the same fate. My uncle Claude bred champion Persian cats in the 1940's and 50's, they had faces, eyes half as big as todays Gargoyles and a muzzle. Modern breeders call my Uncles cats, "chocolate box Persians" because by 1970 that was the only place you could see a photo of them anymore.

they even removed from the Persian standard "pleasant expression" so the gargoyles taking over could win. I know because my friend Brenda tried desperately to stop it.

Edited by asal

FYI with both a $60 discount I've been holding on to that expires today and the recent addition of coat genetics to the database - purchased the embark.

Look forward to comparing it to the wisdom and also watching the dogs results change and adapt in response to new discoveries.

Will share here of course!

Edited by Thistle the dog