Different hair styles what do they mean ?

blonder

Hi everyone .. I am not sure if the subject conveys my question, but I bought an all in one Wahl clipper blade and ordered the wrong one . This one does slicing , texturising and feathering .

I do have 2 poodles but I am not sure what those emails things mean.. I assume feathering would be some sort of layering. But the other way I'm not sure .. 

And I'm wondering whether I should return them or have them .

Any advice would be great 

Thankyou 

Interesting as I have never heard of that type of clipper blade.  My groomer friend tells me that for poodles, most groomers use a very short blade and then stainless steel combs to get different lengths.  She feels that the blade should never touch the dog's skin.  Hope that helps!

It mgiht be worth having a look on the poodle forum:  http://www.poodleforum.com/9-poodle-grooming/ 

I have been grooming 22 years and owned poodles for 20 of those years and I have never heard of this style of blade/clipping system.

i would be sending them back and getting a normal set of Wahl clippers or even better Andis clippers.

My preferred blades are Oster, if you want a short cut on the body use a 5#, use a 10# to shave face, feet and tail (unless you want a teddy bear clip) for the legs (if you want them longer) use plastic combs over a 40#, they come in all different lengths, my preference is Laube size 0 if you want a bit of length or a 2 if that's too long.

Can use the combs on the body as well if the 5# is too short.

Hope that all makes sense.