Little pee when excited

swazzie

I have a question , if anyone has experienced this issue. To say up front I’m not too concerned and we are teaching him to be calm when he greets people and it’s kind of funny … ish

So on occasion when Zeus meets a new person he gets what I think is so excited he wees a bit . Now it only happens every now and then and there is a trend - it always if it’s a man who is a bit larger shall we say. The men have all been very excited to say hello  to Zeus. 
is this weird ? He doesn’t do it with me or my husband or any kids or any women. The men don’t look like husband either. Lol 

im interested in pack mentality and Zeus definitely is understanding his place in the home so I don’t think he’s been submissive to these random men when it happens- as hell sometimes be a bit snippy with them( after the wee)

Edited by swazzie

• swazzie changed the title to Little pee when excited

Well it’s hard to tell 100% but the sequence is the person will look his way, he’ll notice and they’ll be going on hello cute boy , whatever and clearly be coming to pat him and he gets super wriggly and pees- but that could be another person saying hello aswell, he’s excited but no pee.

It’s quite common and nothing to be concerned about. Puppies usually outgrow it by adolescence. It’s an evolutionary signal of puppyhood that reduces the risk of attack by unfamiliar adult dogs.

If you scold or react negatively, you’ll reduce his confidence and make him more likely to wee when he meets people.

Edited by DogsAndTheMob

The roll over behaviour normally precedes submissive urination. I've had a b!tch here for whelping that did it all the time. So I just stopped patting if she went to roll over. She LOVED pats so she quickly learnt to sit and lean against me for a pat rather than roll over and pee. 

• Like 1

No he’s always standing up and just I’ve the top excited , but as I say it’s only certain people and I think I might be to do with how they greet him.

I’m working on calm with him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My youngest girl did this several times in her first 4ish months. It would mostly be at a pet shop if she saw another dog close to her. Sometimes she’d roll first but often some pee would just come out while standing. She outgrew it without any worries or training.