Veterinarian Abuse is on the Rise. ABC News 29/5/23

Deeds

My brother used to have his own Veterinary Hospital.  He has been retired for nearly 20 years.  Some of his stories still give me the horrors and he was a big confident man, not a 5ft nothing young woman.  His wife called the police on a few occasions.  

And who could forget that stupid thoughtless woman recently bemoaning the fact she had to sell a few designer handbags.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Loving my Oldies said:

My brother used to have his own Veterinary Hospital.

... and he was an exceptional vet. He treated my dogs and pet rats for years... was a shame when he retired...

T.

3 hours ago, tdierikx said:

... and he was an exceptional vet. He treated my dogs and pet rats for years... was a shame when he retired...

T.

Aside from the veterinary side of things, he spent many years battling the developers around him and the council, of course, was interested only in the developers.  He had his trees poisoned, he had his and his staff's cars deliberately parked in, his electricity was cut several times - it was endless.   He was told by one executive that "someone should bomb your place."  Although I hated losing him as my vet, I was frightened for him and was relieved when he retired.  

On the veterinary side of things, one story that I can impart that will make people angry, but not sickened ........  I visited him at the clinic one day and was wandering around looking at the animals in their runs and there was a beautiful Dalmatian there.  The dog was very sick and despite being told on several occasions not to, his stupid owner would sneak him a big feed of peanuts.  Naturally the dog always threw up after her visits.  I have forgotten the details now, obviously over a couple of decades ago, but I think they had to make her leave her handbag in the office.  And there was the never ending stream of clients who would complain about the cost of appointments and that was 20 years ago.  

Anyway, the human race seems to be getting worse and worse and the few people trying to make a difference are being ground down.   

Edited by Loving my Oldies
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Loving my Oldies said:

And there was the never ending stream of clients who would complain about the cost of appointments and that was 20 years ago. 

I always found his prices to be somewhat cheaper than other vets in the area... and his prices were more than reasonable for the service he and his staff provided.

T.

• Like 1