Vet Chat

can someone tell me how this works? I will go to the vets to ask them about it during the week. Vet has been arranged for the dog.

Friend had a bit of an emergency with her dog and I was ringing around the local vets for her and one has vet chat. It's a 1300 number and from what I can gather you ring vet chat and talk to them and then they either pass on your details or give you the vets number or something.  The clinic using this did say they had a vet on call but you had to ring vet chat first.

When Opal died I had to get a friend to do the same as I couldn't find a pen etc in my panic.

I spoke to the local vets and yes you have to speak to vet chat first but they do put you through to the local on call vet in an emergency. But it's a screening service. The vets said it was to stop the prank 2am calls like how do you spell Rottweiler! The minds of the people who would do such a thing. Makes me angry because it just adds more time before you can speak to the vet. Luckily my emergencies have been very few and far between and hopefully continue that way

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rebanne said:

I spoke to the local vets and yes you have to speak to vet chat first but they do put you through to the local on call vet in an emergency. But it's a screening service. The vets said it was to stop the prank 2am calls like how do you spell Rottweiler! The minds of the people who would do such a thing. Makes me angry because it just adds more time before you can speak to the vet. Luckily my emergencies have been very few and far between and hopefully continue that way

I can imagine what they get.  I stopped breeding Persian cats because of dealing with people.  Stupid comments, in the middle of the night by phone, 'red, like a traffic light'.  No red, like red hair was my response.  Bought a phone that I could turn the ringer off after that!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1