Lure Coursing In Melbourne

I'll come to the next one in August and test out my poor new camera (with the non manual reading owner).

Nat

Nat, the manuals are like thick novels these days - who would be bothered? :D

Does Reilly like little dogs? Maybe one of the terriers could run with him next time?

I wont offer Rosie because I think it would be a case of the lure-challenged leading the lure-challenged?? :):) :D

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have a problem with any other dogs running with max

its just a matter of them keeping up with him, as what happened yesterday he ran with the 2 greyhounds and they slowed the lure down and he caught it

I don't have a problem with any other dogs running with max

its just a matter of them keeping up with him, as what happened yesterday he ran with the 2 greyhounds and they slowed the lure down and he caught it

:) I must have missed that, shame shame :)

dogdayz, where are you?  I will upload a pic of Beck if you are ok with it, let me know 

at work, go right ahead. Is he chasing the lure or marking every post and blade of grass :)

I only gave him the one go but vast improvement on last time. Unfortunately his toe he lost his nail from two weeks ago started bleeding about 30mins late - result of me treading on it rather than the coursing i think.

I think Charlie the foster dog was the worst there - you would never believe it from the way he chased the seagulls along the beach later in the day - dont think anyone with lure coursing ambitions will be adopting him. :D

Most embarassing of all, charlie came back to me, while my own trained dog wouldnt - preferred to go to a stranger :)

Hi Sam

See there were some DOLers there and I didnt even know it. Which dog did you have? Did you get any shots of Rosie? Despite me being close to the action the ones I have of her mostly have her looking like a kangaroo (which she does well)

LOL.

Hedds was there with Banjo (he looks like a Smooth Collie cross) and dogdayz was there with her Weimaraner, Beck.

Be great if a few more DOL people could get there, its entertaining and I said Id give it a plug :)

Yes I was in the middle :) Dodging dogs and trying to catch some of the wanderers LOL as well.

So which doggy was Chester?

OK what other DOLers were there now that a few have piped up?

Edited to add: just saw photo post, Chester is a Dali. Was Chester the one that kind of "bucked" when he got startled?

Edited by chezzyr

yup ... the liver spotted .. as opposed to the extremely noisy embarrassing black spotted dally who was literally screaming to get in :D

Sam.

Was that dog a screamer or what??? I have never ever heard a dog make so much noise. :):) :D

Chezzyr dont keep me in suspense....i need a reason to like Beck having just paid tonights vet bill :(

sorry DD! Still sorting images and Weimy = W. Will post one soon I promise :cry:

OK, here is a handsome grey ghost :)

Edited by chezzyr

Oh no dogdayz, what has happened? :):(

Chezzy will come through with great pics, she always does! :cry:

CM, I was standing with dogdayz for most of the time I was there. I had my sable colored collie looking x Banjo, then he went into the car and I had Charlie, dogdayz foster child. :( I think you were against the fence and we were right behind you? I noticed your gorgeous Dali, just beautiful can I say. :)

Hi all! I was there with Lucy and we had a great time. I don't do a lot of posting on DOL so I don't know many DOLers but I do remember seeing all the dogs mentioned here! (I remember dogs better than people! :( ) It was Lucy's first time and she took to it like a duck to water. I was so proud! Lucy was the little black kelpie cross with a white chest and floppy ears. I'd post a photo of her in action but all the photos I took that day are terrible unfortunately. :cry:

Cathie.

Hi Cathie!

Wow, yesterday is turning out to be a bigger DOL get together than a normal DOL get together. :(

Maybe next time we should make a place to meet up or something? :)

Yes, we could all watch/participate in the lure coursing and then go back to Hedds for a BBQ :cry: