Lure Coursing In Melbourne

Yeah, come along Rataholic1966 - I'd love to meet your dogs. My grey arrives on Friday, but I won't be bringing him to lure coursing, not enough room in the car for them all.

I just had a play around with Indi and a couple of bags on a lead, as I suspected she went mental and loved it. She ended up destroying both bags because I couldn't move them quick enough.

She got the last little scrap off and wouldn't go back in her pen!

indibag2.jpg

indibag3.jpg

indibag4.jpg

indibag1.jpg

I'll have a go with rat face when I get my breath back!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so what age to they "graduate" from the puppy run to the adult???

dont know who to bring!! Bodie would love it, dont know how Kira and sparty would go if they would get it or not LOL if it was a ball on a string that would be another thing!!!

I think Travis and me are coming along - my very spoilt silver mini poodle. As we are newbies is there anything special I need to bring.

Also Travis has two pins and two screws in his hind leg - the screws hold wire in place that now forms his hock tendon - he does NADAC Agility with no problem and unless people are told they would never guess that he even has any issues.

He leads a very normal life - do experience people out there think it would be OK to run him?? He runs around mad at our place with the Kelpies

Thanks in advance for the help

not sure about the puppy runs versus adult runs...but its not too formal and its just a matter of having a chat to the people running it. They might even do a small/short one especially for your dog rather than the whole zig zag course. The pic of the Border Terrier I posted - she is just a little mite and it was her first run so she just did a "puppy run" of sorts.

You get all kinds of dogs there from Rhodesians down to little terriers etc. Some get it some dont. Some scream until they get in there for a run and others just watch quietly. Some actually chase the lure and some dawdle off in the opposite direction.

Its all fun to watch.

As I said, I arranged for my shift that day to be covered. There are some issues at work just now, so hopefully it'll all work out and I'll still be able to go.

Some scream until they get in there for a run

I think that'll be Jyra! She hasn't been to lure coursing before, but when she was watching Lablover's labs doing some retrieving work, she was going off her nut!!

So, yeah, she might do that, but when she gets in there, I don't know if she'll know what to do, but once she figures it out, I'm sure she'll love it.

Some scream until they get in there for a run

I think that'll be Jyra! She hasn't been to lure coursing before, but when she was watching Lablover's labs doing some retrieving work, she was going off her nut!!

Chili is a screamer :champagne: She's never been to lure coursing either but she's a screamer all right. If I go to the car without her she screams, if I take one of the other dogs out first she screams and so on...

Indi usually barks that high pitched excited bark. I've got a noisy lot!

Guest cloverfdch

We will most likely be there :champagne:. I think i will only run Clover unless the El man looks keen and Mum might run her little Chihuahua, he goes nuts chasing birds and rabbits at Vic park :champagne:.

Edited by cloverfdch

well it looks like quite a few are coming.

can I suggest we all meet while the lure coursing are on at the start of the trees closest to the car park

I will be there with max and seeing he will be the only pharaoh there we will be easy to pick out,

the biggest problem with so many people there, is people not knowing who each other are and standing around wondering "is that so and so"

max is easy to spot so when you see him say hello

yeh where the trench runs up beside the car park and stops

the bbq are spread around the park there is about 5 or 6 the nearest one to the coursing is about 25 mtrs away next to the shelter

I just can't remember if it was 20 cents or $1 to run them

so are we decending on Hedd's??

lol name stickers with DOL name, your name and dogs name?

???

LOL met Pippi on sunday walked up and said "hello pippi" to her dog and she was amazed i knew the name LOL

lol same at the melbourne meet, knew most of the dogs and recognised them the owners took a little longer :champagne:

I think the plan is to do a bbq at kcc and see if it suits? Is that right guys? But if for some reason it doesnt, my place is available! Most have seen the pics of how bad it looks.... :champagne:

BUT, it does have a bit of cover, and an outside fireplace come bbq, a working toilet and a gargage fridge and thats just about all that is useable atm!

I have never noticed the bbq's at kcc, but Jeff says they're close to the offlead area, so is everyone happy to just see how it goes on the day?

Is there any shelter nearby Jeff in case it rains?

Max is easy peasey to spot, and way to handsome to miss. I guess if you're wondering if that collie rough is Nats just check to see if its spotless, and um, oh, dogdayz will be the one chasing the lure on her own while number one foster watches her....... :champagne: (sorry T :champagne: ) I'm sure we'll all find each other, coz I am so not wearing a nametag saying "Hedds". I will put one on Banjo though if anyone wants me too.

Looks like its going to be a really fun day, cant wait to see you all there! :champagne: