Big Dog

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fifi, my thoughts exactly - I was going to ask you the same thing :laugh:

:) I phoned them on Friday and left a message, their voice mail said they were out in the factory and could not get to the phone. I'll try phoning again on Monday.

If I can get a bulk deal Jeanne, I'll let you know, and maybe we can work out something regular if its good stuff.

fifi

• 2 weeks later...

Might she now? :cry:

Chatted the poor guys ear off yesterday arvo and warned him there may be a DOL invasion heading his way. ;)

I was told it is $16.50 for delivery (well at least as far as Runcorn) for 1 or 100 cartons for those who can't go collect. So maybe if a few people in the one area start ordering you could share delivery to one persons house. They are moving to bigger premises near Lawnton soon and will be expanding their range of food and other items then.

Great looking food mix, I got quite a lot fresh but it usually comes frozen. Smells tasty according to my flatmates (they hadn't had dinner yet though :) ) and the dogs were certainly impressed.

The Edge - Is a lower fat, roo meat mix that was designed for the greyhound trainers who couldn't let go of the idea that kibble must be fed too.

Weaner - The racing greyhound mix, fairly high fat to cope with high energy lives.

Breeders Choice - Mix created when non-greyhound breeders started buying the food. It's a little finer crushed (so great for pups) and is cheaper due to less additives and being chicken based.

Will try and remember to post some pics of what it looks like tonight and will give another report in two weeks.

I didn't see this topic before.

The GAP dogs have been getting Big Dog barf mix for the last few months, and I can highly recommend it. Their coats are so shiny, and they are so healthy and full of life. Not one single dog has turned its nose up at the product.

The product is very easy to store and serve, and smells ok too.

Big Dog is so generous to be supporting our program by supplying us with this food. The proprietor, Chris Essex is a top guy. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've just ordered some BigDog weaner mix in Sydney.

They are selling it on a trial basis to see if enough Sydneysiders are interested in buying it here. I'm pretty sure they are only selling Weaner at the moment and it's about 20% dearer that the price on the BigDog website.

The guy I'm buying from is in St Marys, that's between Penrith and Parramatta for the non-westie dolers :hug:

Thanks for putting me on to this Holly.

Krat if you want to ever go halves in a bulk order I'll be in it too! Maybe we could get a gold coast one up and running for anyone down this far that it interested. I'm really keen to try both the Edge and Weaner products

HI Everyone,

Would highly reccommend Big Dogs I have been feeding my guys The Edge Chicken for over 6 months now. They love it always have clean bowls, shiny coats, firm stools, generally everything seems to go down well.

Hope you guys can get it don't kno what I did before they came along.

I haven't started mine on Big Dog, I am just a little bit iffy with the red meat content with the two with allergies, but glad that others are having great success with the product, I am now brave enoughto go out and give it a try.

Thanks everyone for your feed back on the product!

Holly the chicken