Killing The Grass

Hi, not sure about diet, I think a few might use ACV. However they sell 'rocks' in the larger pet stores which you place in their water to prevent the grass burning. Works a treat ;)

I swear by Apple Cider Vinegar for just about everything. A few capfuls per bowl....a healthy "slosh" per bucket. Pee isn't as stinky for boys OR girls when they're drinking it!

Also helps to keep kitty-litter odours at bay...helpful if you have indoor kitty-cats!

Only drawback is that you have to keep the toilet door shut or there is a queue for the big ceramic drinking bowl!!

;)

Did you have the dilution strong enough? Sometimes, depending upon the individual animals you may need to have it fairly strong.

And you're right, multiples trying to outpee each other can be pretty damaging anyway.

Hosing immediately after peeing (if you can) is supposed to help dilute the effects too. But I never manage that cos I don't tend to stand there and watch the kids pee!

;)

Nope, the dogs don't mind it at all. I suppose they get used to it. It doesn't taste too bad...I drink it myself.

As I said previously I use a few capfuls per bowl....a healthy "slosh" per bucket. I don't know what ratio it would be, but I vary it according to what my nose tells me and how much water the furkids are drinking.

Word of advice....possibly best if you can avoid using the supermarket ones if you can help it. Most aren't pure ACV, they have colours, flavours (caramel of all things??) and preservatives added to them.

If you can possibly do it, get it from a Health Food Shop or Agricultural Feed Supplier. It is purer (is that a word?) and in the long run...cheaper!

;)

I didn't have the same effect putting it in food so I think it's possibly a gradual build-up effect and constant dosing that are the keys. I also found that the fussy ones would refuse to eat AND it would react with some foods and fizz (chemical reaction????).

Chemical reaction thing applies to all of you horse people who feed the ACV with some of the pre-packaged horse mixes so be careful!!

I use ACV in the chickens drinking water, it's supposed to be a natural way of keeping intestinal worms at bay. If it lessens the smell of the dog wee that would be worth trying, my dogs go on the sand in their pen and during the summer when there's no rain to wash it through, the smell gets quite strong, so I have to keep hosing the sand down.

Get fake grass! I did and it is the best thing. (Not the old astroturf either - Protech lawns) Can't dig it up, don't have to water it and it won't ever go brown! Give it a sweep or a vacuum avery few weeks. Dogs love to roll on it too.