Mars Coat King

ellz

:D (DUH) Sorry Dru! Forgot to come back here, after being away for a day in hospital!!!! (It does things to the mind!)

This may sound really silly to SOME! But a really cheap and easy way to remove coat from a shedding smooth, (and rough), is to get a used "hack saw blade" with small teeth put either masking tape around each end, better is a small rubber section of hose that slides on, (the idea of this is that it is easy for you to hold with both hands) then slide the blade through the coat. It is the same as a stripper blade, HEAPS cheaper, works over a wider area, and is NOT harsh on the skin on a smooth as it only works on the coat.

It doesnt actually matter if you get a new blade, just watch the length of the teeth of the blade, (its easy for me to see rather than explain). THis method, because of the width of the area it covers works really well, works fast , and is really cheap, ie, virtually no cost.

OK, now you can commit me! But you can give it a go if you like!!!!!

Deb ;) :D

Well, I'm a convert! :thumbsup:

I used my Coat King for the first time today and am delighted with the results. I would certainly vouch for them for neck and back coats on American Cockers.

I have a 26 and it was just PERFECT!!

Thank you to everybody who had some input into the thread and the decision making process!

:thumbsup:

No piccies I'm afraid. I got 3/4 of the way through and realised I'd forgotten to take befores and then couldn't be bothered taking afters either! :thumbsup:

Still have more to do though so will be sure to take a finished product pic if I can find somebody to operate the camera whilst I hold the dog.

Used it on my babies too, got rid of some of the bumfluff on their back coats and it brought them up lovely and shiny!! :thumbsup:

I was lucky when it came to getting mine....I've ordered one, but was given one by somebody else in the breed who didn't need theirs any more....not whatcha know...it's WHO ya know! ;)