Mars Coat King

ellz

Is there anybody out there in DOL land who knows where I can obtain one of these at the best price?

Or alternatively, does somebody out there have one I can borrow to do a "test drive" with before I decide whether to purchase one for myself?

Hi Ellz,

I have been meaning to track down one of these myself, I have heard very good things about them. I have the distributor's contacts from my VCA Gazette, PM me if you want them (they are located in East Geelong Vic).

Cheers,

Corine

There are many different types, different numbers of teeth and closeness of teeth so you need to know what you want to use it for.

Some have wooden handles but the cheaper ones now have plastic handles.

Personally I wouldn't use them on showdogs as they cut the coat which can alter the texture of the coat.

:) they are the best things since sliced bread for us!! I LOVE my coat king!! for showing wolfies, we thin out the neck ruff, and tidy up the loin / tuck up area. The Mars does it in seconds. I have a small one for finishing and a large wide blade for the 'overgrowth' and the dogs are happier too, hand stripping is uncomfortable for the big sooks, this way, its just like a quick going over with a slicker brush.

You would need to be very careful with a silky or very precise outline / shaped coat, as it can whip through a large amount of hair very quickly.

but for a coarse coat, I've found them ideal.

fifi

you can also order them straight from the manufactuer, I think the website was www.marscoatking.com.au if not pm me and I look it up for you.

That's not it, if you could find out the addy that would be great Dali-Love. Thanks :)

Hi Ellz

We got one at a dog show at KCC (not that that helps you ;) ) a few weeks back for our Springer and let me tell you it is the best thing since sliced bread.

I dont have an ounce of grooming experience and our breeder showed it to us....

well I wish she had of told me about it earlier.

Its BRILLIANT :)

How's that for a recommendation :) :p

Hi Dru,

What exactly are you wanting to do on your smooth??? Just strip out the undercoat as it is shedding?

Deb

Yep, she has started shedding already :) I use a rake, however saw a coat king in action last weekend and was very impressed! Do you have some tips Deb? :)

I use a 20 blade CK on my girl. Have bathed and dried her this morning (CK works far better on a clean coat) and taken some before and after pics.

This was before, pic not great position sorry....

Edited by Toohey