I'm Armed And Ready...

OK i have bought the breville juicer reccomended on here and am armed and ready to BARF' it.

My patties will consist of, for now...

chicken mince

rice

carrot

apple

celery

spinnach

apple cider vinegar and livamol.

I am going to mix it all into patties about the size of my palm, so a handful of mix i guess.

They will get one each for dinner.

Would this be enough if they are getting one cup of premium dry a morning?

Note: they both have 5 kilos to loose.

Looks good for a first juicing - don't forget to mix it up, lots of variety!

I'd cut out the rice and perhaps add some sweet potatoe (I tend to have to microwave this a wee bit before juicing)

Don't worry if they are not actually 'patties' - I do my veggies seperate to the mince and then freeze them in glad ware containers - they are mushy and runny.

If they need to lose weight then hopefully it will be enough, I wouldn't feed that amount to my boy usually.

I have just mooshed a huge ammount of veggies and pulp....and i will add the proportion i need to the 2kilos of chicken mince.

I will just feeze the remaining vegie mix for the next batch.

Also added broccoli.

Oh sweet potato and pumpkin!!

I knew i forgot something at the shop.

I can mix it all up and change it round as I go.

Guest Pandii

I do something similiar but just put it in recycled margerine/butter containers or take away food ones

then defrost as needed mine is to sloppy to make burgers

;) eeer one gulp and it was gone.... :laugh:

well, I guess they like your non-cooking then! As vehs said, I would omit the rice. I read somewhere that pumpkin and sweet potato should be given in moderation but can't remember why!

Don't forget to add a little organ meat. I usually cook a pot of organ meat and veg and put it in a take away container then at every meal I mix a little of the cooked mix with their raw mince.

It is usually a battle to make their food every night as they both sit in front of the counter where I prepare their meals, trying to push each other out the way!

There was a LOT of vegie mix, i have been able to freeze enough to mix into another 3 kilos of mince....with a ratio of about 60% mince 40% veggies (still working on that side of things).

I only added one teaspoon of livamol and a cap full of apple cider vinegar into all that vegie mix.

Appreciate suggestions n comments. :thumbsup:

I am so happy you are switching back to BARF, and i bet Ralph and Charlie will be saying a huge thanks

Lisa

In your post i get the impression that Ralphy didnt have hot spots until you put him on kibble..........so feed Barf just cut it back :rofl: