Another Amazing Awesome Rewarding Day!

I'm just ON TOP OF THE WORLD!

We had another great day herding today. Probably one of the most rewarding I've had so far.

TRIM was great and she still amazes me each time with her talent. I still have so much to learn but I really feel like we are improvng each time.

ZEST improved 100% from last week, he steadied up a bit & I was actually able to get him to stop a few times. Last week I wasn't sure, but this week, I know that he will work & could become a very useful dog. Next week I'm going to try him in the yards.

JESTER (BC) and the 2 Doggleworths came. He is an absolute natural, right from the beginning & I'm sure they are (all 3 of them) still grinning from ear to ear. If someone wants to take up herding, this is the dog to do it with. He is GREAT!

TRIXIE (Kelpie) (now TRICKY) and her new owner also came. Tricky took a few minutes to get it, but once she realised that she could move the sheep, had the time of her life! It's great to know they're hooked enough to come back & I know they will do very well.

And last but by no means least, I had the pleasure of meeting CoolibahKoolies, whose support in my fostering stint has been invaluable. I'm just sorry that it was so busy & we didn't really get a chance to have a good long chat. But I'm so glad you came & hope to be able to repeat whenever you're in Sydney.

I had a ball, not just working my own little girl, but starting the 3 rescues as well. What a buzz! Who needs drugs?

There were a heap of cameras there, so we should have some nice pics soon!

PS - Riley...you missed out big time girl :rofl:

medium.jpg

Edited by Vickie

Good on you guys...definitely sounds as though had a ball.

We'll be out with the sheep in a few weeks....can't wait!

Vickie, great pic of Trim...geez she gets down low!

Edited coz I'm having a no brainer day!

Edited by Kelpie-i

and last one for now-in the pen with a kelpie and herding a lot of sheep.

Big thanks to Vickie for working with Jester-we will definately be back :p

How did the pictures Mr Doggleworth took come out?

They are excellent! I put them here (well not all 200 that he took, LOL:

http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?showtopic=35032

That 3rd photo of Jester is awesome...reminded me all over again just how much talent he has!

Can't wait to see what he does next time & Seven too :rofl:

Thanks again for coming...you certainly helped make my day!

Hi Guys Im now back in the land of dust and Mulga and need to thank Vickie and the Hawkesbury sheep dog workers club for having us all It was a huge buzz to see the death row doggies do their thing and makes it all seem so worth while now :rofl: I did the happy dance :p

post-9-1123932987.jpg

Edited by coolibahkoolies

LOL, yep name change, partly b/c it didn't include Trim...but mostly b/c vpzn was a STUPID name! My name is Vickie & it wasn't taken...so why not :p ?

Ah, I thought so but I was a little confused :rofl:

Guest cloverfdch

Wonderful :clap:, i cannot wait until i come up to Sydney, i would love to watch Trim and all of the rescues working. I am glad to hear Zest is coming along well, and Jester well what can i say... good boy.

We (Sparty *Jen*, Bodie, Elvis and I, with help and guidence from Denise) had a very rewarding day, the dogs did realy well and we are starting to see improvements. We even got Elvis to stop a few times then let him back on the sheep as his reward, you should have seen his little eyes light up when released again, just beautiful.

I will let Jen tell you about Bodies progress :clap:. Ohh and Bodie sleeping on my lap on the way home, it was so sweet.

Shane i am jealous you got to play with the new camera, and what great photos you got, they are priceless :champagne:.

LOL Be careful CK.....

you know what happened last time you did the happy dance....

you were confined to bed for the weekend :champagne:

:clap: no bed rest for me Trifecta have 2 sickies at home and have LOTS of work to catch up on now after my trip to the big smoke.Now Mr Ringer needs to have a go at sheep work too :clap: