Whos Gets There Dogs Shots Every Year

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received this link today which I found quite interesting http://www.newvaccinationprotocols.com/5%2...munology%20.htm it is not an 'anti-vaccination' site but instead facts on immunology.

Are Oz vaccinations exactly the same? Therefore is it okay if we follow that protocol? Just curious...

I dont vaccinate yearly and my old girl has already had her last.

Hi Dru

Obviosly we dont have some of the same vaccinations that they use in US (like Rabies) but 'vaccinations' are the same anyway.

The vaccinations give the dog immunity, which the cells then remember - you cant make the dog 'more immune' or 'boost' their immunity after this.

It is not the actual 'strength' of the vaccinations that have caused the research to show vaccinations are not necessary yearly (and they never were) if you know what I mean! (Sorry - I feel as though I have a scrambled brain today!!)

Jen

I queried the need in the Breeders sections over 2 years ago and the information I received made me wonder if the immune/allergy problems one of my dogs was compounded by the vaccination.

He has not had a booster since and his Titre score is good, so is the 12 year old Tibbies my vet said to test in about 2years time.

BTW he now has only a mild allergy and even that is slowly vanishing.