Natural Breath Fresheners

well sorry to say but the Parsley upset Bundy's get and he got the runs. remember this is a 9yo Rescue who had been feed tinned Pal for 18mths before we rescued him.

Any other ideas folks? someone has suggested liquid chlorophyll from the health food shop- anyone tried this?

Yes, but he cannot afford to lose any weight. he should be around 28kgs for his height etc but when we got him 4 wks ago he was only 19kgs. I have managed to build him up to 23kgs and do not want to lose the ground we have gained.

A Rough Collie with the runs( and I mean the runs) is not a pretty sight to deal with at all.

How much parsley did he get Inspector R... maybe cut back by half on the dose and see how that goes?

My vet sells some blue liquid that you add to a dog's drinking water to improve breath... no idea what's in it though. Its probably ACV plus colouring. :thumbsup:

My parents' ball mad terrier has his tennis balls replaced with lemons. Fetch boy! After a long game he finally punctures it, sucks all the juice out, then tears it in half and he and his doggy mate have half each :clap:

Their breath smells lemony fresh! :thumbsup:

I think you said he had dental work done? Are you checking his mouth and cleaning his teeth regularly and his tongue Often the cause if BB if it is of mouth origin is bacteria (normal) overgrowing on the tongue and a good regular clean of this can help smelly breath probs. Also as a older citizen check that food is not getting caught up between his gum and lipline, Simba is a bugger for this!

If it is of stomach origin then Apple Cider Vinegar can help as suggested but to be sure he got it I would add to his food direct should also help old dog smelly pee probs too :thumbsup: Lamb off cuts are also good at helping breath problems.

What does his breath smell like? If it smells like Poo (Sorry) then is would indicate that maybe the problem is more gastro related than mouth as well.

Just remember no remedy works overnight and natural ones can take up to a fortnight before results are noticed.

Kate

It is definitely a "wee" smell in his breath. I check his mouth regularly for trapped foods etc.He is very good at letting me do this.

How much apple cider vinegar would you add to his food? will also try the lamb flaps( poor bugger probably wont know what to do with them after all that time being feed tinned Pal. the first time I gave him a shank the look was" well I have licked it now what do I do with it. LOL?)

Thanks again