Good Bye Murphy

fidelis Border Collies

Last night we had to make the decision to let Old Murphy go to the rainbow Bridge. I only had the pleasure of knowing Murphy for the last 18 Month and what a Fine Old Lady she was. She was my partner Dave’s dog a New Zealand Huntaway who was retired from work about 5 years ago at the age of 14 years.

Murphy was a great asset to Dave in his work doing a variety of jobs e.g. shepherding, Station Manager on huge Sheep stations. Murphy used to train the young pups if one would get out of control and not come when called Murphy was sent out to give the pup a clip around the ear and the pup would quick smart do as it was told.

She was attacked by 2 Dingo about 4 months ago and at that stage we didn’t know if she would pull thru but thankfully she did.

This past weekend the weather has been extremely hot we are just about to go into a very hot Summer and I think the heat was too much for her. Yesterday Morning we knew things were not good for the old girl as she didn’t want to get out of bed and had not eaten her meal from the night before. Last night when we got home from work you could see in her eyes she had had enough. A kind friend came over and while resting on her bed we said “Goodbye” to her. She is know resting under a newly planted Mulberry Tree which will we watch grow.

Only 2 weeks ago we got some lovely photos of her working the sheep and just enjoying life.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/fidelis4bcs/Fid...files/frame.htm

Murphy

Murphy19yrsold5.jpg

Dave and Murphy

Murphy19yrsold3.jpg

Murhy asking if she is allowed to bring the sheep in

Murphy19yrsold2.jpg

Murphy coming in

Murphy19yrsold1.jpg

Photos kindly taken by Jacqui Cant.

Murphy turned 19 years old in August of this year she had a very full busy life and I think she went happy. Rest in Peace Murphy Smurf.

Murphy says goodbye

Murphy19yrsold7.jpg

Bye Murph

Tracey

:D I was very saddened to hear the news this morning. I'm thankful I got to know her this last year and even got to give her a pat just last Thursday. Even a novice like me could tell what a true working dog she was (and how much she loved her master). Condolances to you and Dave. :p

:cry: Run free Murph. :cry:

Hi Tracey

I don't come into this forum very often as I find it too hard to deal with sometimes. :rofl:

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Murphy could you please pass on my sympathies to Dave, he will certainly miss her. Although I'm sure she will live on through the many other dogs she has help train into her way of thinking.

Maree

A very loud round of applause would have greeted Murphy she stepped off the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. Doggie Heaven can pick the best. This is an amazing lady.

My sympathies to her family who will miss her so much.

Thank you to everyone for your kinds words its been over a week now since Murphy left us and boy has she left a whole in our hearts.

The Mulberry tree is doing well although the geese have tried to get it and eaten the bottom leaves that were pucking out the top of the gaurd I put around the tree.

Every morning when i let the ducks out and water the Mulberry tree I always say Morning Murph. I was watering the tree one day and Dave came up and said you know Murphy didn't like getting wet.

Thanks DAVE!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

She will be remembers but I do miss her

Tracey

Every morning when i let the ducks out and water the Mulberry tree I always say Morning Murph.

I'm so glad we're not the only people who talk to trees!

Our little dog who died at age 22 yrs is buried up under the mango tree. When we or our neighbours go past that tree, we always say, 'Hi, Gran!' (She became known as 'Gran' from age 13 yrs on).

Visiting tradesmen have given us some odd looks.

Nice to know that Murph is snug under the Mulberry Tree, waiting for the voices she loved so well.