Kuda Just Died..

cass

HI all... i am in a state of shock right now. At 6 oclock this morning we woke to find Kuda fitting and foaming at the mouth. I tried to get onto the vet on call, but he wouldnt answer his phone. I tried to find someone everywhere, but there wasnt anyone there to help.

We took him into the first vet to open, at 10 to 8 and he was given valium. He had a temp of 43 and they asid they had to put him on ice. They told us to leave, and about 30 mins later they rang to say he had gone into cardiac arrest and was unable to be revived.

We think he may have been poisoned.. but dont know for sure.

He turned 1 last month and was such a happy healthy boy last night...

I cant believe it could happen so quick.

Goodbye sweet boy... we all love you.

My husband just came back from the vets and they said it looked like a snake bite!! I live in a suburb!! She really doesnt know what happened. i guess we will never know.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

We have decided not to do any further investigations. It would just cost too much. we already have a $270 bill from this morning. I guess we will never know. We have checked the back yard thouroughly and have found no signs of anything. My only guess is that someone has given him something over night. The vet suggested snail bait.. but just doent know. I seriously doubt it was a snake.

Thank you again. You are a really caring, lovely bunch of people. we appreciate it.

HI Cass, Im so terribly sorry for you. YOu must be still in a state of shock...

I can only offer the fact that it probably was a snake. My girl has been bitten twice and those are the exact symptoms, convulsing and foaming.

Mine was also in a surburban backyard and was a black.

The snakes are out now and aggressive.

Im so sorry for you..

:party: