Help! I Don't Know What Wrong

HeidiB

Hi,

I have a 11 month old desexed female Weimaraner named "Busta". I rushed her to the vets this morning as she was crying in the early hours of the morning from what we thought was her being constipated. They took some x-rays of her & had a feel around but have found that she is not constipated nor is it a bladder problem.

They said it is in the pelvic area & is of a soft tissue density. Busta has had alot of abonormal vaginal discharge in the past & we have just had that under control but don't know why she had it. She is also suffering allegies which we are in the process of trying to work out what they are.

They also removed a lump like pimple that was on her tummy when they put her under today to send away to see what it is. We are now waiting to give her a ultrasound but it looks like we will have to wait till Monday to that as its only Saturday. :thumbsup::swear::rofl::vomit:

Please if anyone has expirience something like this befor & know what it might be it would be greatly appriciated if u could help.

Thanks

Heidi

Edited by HeidiB

I don't have any advice I'm afraid Heidi, but she's at the best place she can be - at the vet's. Sending good vibes your way for Busta. The waiting is the worst thing, but having her back with you will do wonders for the sick feeling in your stomach you probably have.

Thinking of you and Busta.

We took her to the emergengy vet tonight & they found a huge pocket of puss in her vaginal region area that was causing her dicomfort, they released it & the lump has gone down.

This is the reason of her past vaginal discharge problems, I am booking her in for exploratory surgery this week asap as we think it has come from a stumb near her cervix from when she was flank desexed that has gotton infected.

Thanks every one :swear:

I will explain it all better tomorrow as its 11pm & I am exhausted

_________________ :thumbsup:

Edited by HeidiB

Hello, I thought this might help some people if they suffer anything similar with there dogs.

So here is what happend again but in more details, this is from my vets report on the incident.

History:

From early hours of this morning going outside frequentley& crying. Straining to defecate. Recently has been pollakiuric.

Normal prior to desexing at 6 months.

Vaginal discharge started early September, has swab taken & blood test. Evidently no abonormalities.

Tialled on Clavulox antibiotics - discharge didn't resolve. Vaginal exam with endoscope revealed pus coming from cervix. Treated with EOD vaginal douches (vaginal flushing) every 2-4 days in a salt solution. Hasn't had a urinalysis.

Report from what happend at the emergency vets last night:

Rectal exame palpable soft flocculent mass in region of vagina - obstructing rectal canal ( this made my dog look as if she was constipated).

Vaginal exam - hypmen type tissue with very narrow lumen, couldn't pass finger through it, however when attempted slightley streaching of lumen - resulted in release of large amont of pus - approx 200mls.

Assessment:

Stump pyomtra strongly suspected. Swelling caused by pus obtructed behind 'hymen' type tissue in a vagina. No evidents of systemic illness secondary to pyometra.

Plan:

Recommended abdominal ultrasound & exploratory surgery to remove suspected stump pyometre. CT scan should be considered if unable to visualise area via ultrasound.

Heidi

Edited by HeidiB

Hey HeidiB

Glad your girl is going to be ok...shame about the pyometra, that's what it sounded like when you first posted, but as you said she was desexed- it was a bit of a mystery.

Quite uncommon stump infections....bad luck eh? :thumbsup:

We all like to take it slowly slowly with our animals and not go in too heavy to quickly as far as exploratory stuff goes- but sometimes it's worth it.

She'll be fine now-after some big doses of Anti-biotics! :swear:

Mel.

Ur right their StaffordsRulse, this op was deffinetly the last resort for Busta.

Its so scary seeing them after they have been put under, all of today even when ever Busta goes out side it looks like she is being chased by bats as she freaks out with things around her. I had to go back to the vets this morning as it was very painfull for her when she tried to urinate so the vet had to give her an pain relief injection, but she has not gone to the toilet at all today since.

She has just been laying in the one spot all day, totally not being herself but at least she has drank some water & has a little appertite.

Edited by HeidiB

Phew! What a relief, Busta finally urinated but still with a little yelp. We tried to buid her confidents up a bit to drink water & play in the yard & move around abit.

Its so funny how us humans just by giving a dog some attension & effort can really change there mood & buit there confidents.

Just like how we do to each other, it always takes a few goes but the person will come around & start to have fun or in this case wag their tail & chase a ball :thumbsup:

Phew glad poor Busta had a wee.

Strange the Vet who speyed her doing a flank spey- our Vet hasn't done a flank spey in around 20years. Do they think that was the cause of all her problems?

Please keep us informed.

will include Busta in my prayers tonight.Geez my list of sick doggies is growing fast at the moment. :thumbsup:

Hang in there, we are all thinking of you

It's not the fact that it was a flank spey, many Vets still do flank speys, it is all about which method they trained in. If a Vet is much more skillful at flanks, then I would want them to do a flank on one of my animals rather than request a midline....once they get skillful in a method it's hard to change over.

Mel.

Busta has been in for surgery today & I have just got a call from the vets, he said it went well but they had to open up the floor of her Pelvis.

We have to transport her to another vets that is 24hr for the night as she is badley swallon & bruised.

I will find out more info tonight.

Edited by HeidiB

Thank u so much guys for ur kind & supportive words.

Your thought & prayes are much appreciated & I feel have deffinetly has helped Busta through this.

I will call & see if I can pick her up soon from the overnight vet so I can then take her to my normal vets for the day. I'm still trying to understand & diegest it all with what has happend to her.

Me being me took a camera to the vets last night to take a pic of my baby their with a drip in her arm. She was so happy to see us in a very tired type of way, that tail was wagging though & the vets was impressed that she was able to stand :laugh:

Love Heidi

drip.jpg

operation.jpg