Vet's All Natural

Have used the complete mix for adult dogs for the last year. Have to say my dogs have done really well on it, they have it with raw meat, and meaty bones. I had no problem getting them to eat it - it smells of garlic and when mixed with raw meat it must be pretty appetising to a dog. Find their faeces are firm, which considering one has a major digestive issue is a feat in itself.

Nutritionally i know many are not a fan of cereals, but i think the idea of this stuff is that the cereals/seeds are germinating and thus contain more active and available nutrition - i think i read somewhere it was to simulate the contents of the guts of herbivorous animals that a wild dog would eat.

My only criticism is of the packaging - first day i used it i did not see the instructions saying mix with water 12-24hours before feeding, and mixed it dry with the meat :love: .

Hi I have a friend interested in trying the vets all natural product, can anyone tell me if there is anywhere around Templestowe in Melbourne that you can get these products instead of buying online?

Thanks

Jen

We have used Vets All Natural now for just over 2 years and it is fantastic. We add meaty bones and good quality beef chunks.

The coats are shiny, the eyes sparkle and the energy levels are good. Flame lost a little weight when she first went on to it but after about 1.5 kg loss she stablised and has been 28kg since. She lives with my brother and it is easy for him to feed to her.

JencolsmoothsandGSD Posted on 9th Nov 2005 - 01:07 PM

Hi I have a friend interested in trying the vets all natural product, can anyone tell me if there is anywhere around Templestowe in Melbourne that you can get these products instead of buying online?

Thanks

Jen 

If you send me an email Jen I can give you the email for a distributor who will let you know exactly where it is available.

Cheers

Gail

I was using the Ian Billinghurst Barf patties and was not keen owing to the grains.

Then I thought about it these are really sprouts a different kettle of fish.

All my dogs love it.

However just to satisfy myself I use both of the products and because my lot are couch potatoes of the best calibre I place extra vegies into the mix.

All the Pet Cafes stock it. :love:

I use complete mix on and off, it's not a bad product but nor is it necessary in a truly raw diet. I mostly use it when we are on the road as this is a better alternative to other foods to serve with the RMBs.

I've tried other VAN products too, and they're fair to good.

Many pet shops now stock some/all of the range - if you can't find it, ask. :love:

Most retailers are happy to try to help their customers source products IMO. I can't recall what pet supplies stores are in the Highlands (my family is there) but you could also try the stock feed places. :love:

I use the complete mix, the omega blend oil, the wound spray and the joint formula and I have had excellent results with all of them.

When my Rotti bitch who had surgery recently for a ruptured cruciate was having a checkup, my Vet himself that the VAN joint formula was the best of it's kind available.

I've worked with dogs and horses and dogs most of my adult life and had pets forever and there aint many things better than the wound care spray IMO.

The complete mix is not all grains, it is mostly air dried fruits and vegetable and a small amount of grain (and yes the soaking allows them to germenate) is recommended by many natural diet enthusiasts. It also has added vitamins and multi minerals like Brewers yeast, kelp etc.

It is available at many pet shops, but aside from my current supplier who gets it wholesale, I have never seen a pet shop cheaper than buying off the internet.

Edited by haven

Try some of the larger pet stores (not the commercial chains like Pets Paradise)

I use the Canine Nutritional Powder, it has kelp, yeast, garlic, parsley etc sprinkled on her raw food. I even bake it into her cookies, she does well on it.

I recommend their products, always fresh and not too expensive either. I think they have Omega oils in pump bottles too

I've been to a seminar on animal nutrition by Dr Bruce Syme (maker of VAN) - he knows his stuff, one of the limited number of vets out their that has spent many years researching animal nutrition (and still doing so), and "strongly" recommends raw fresh food based on the evolutionary diet. I use the canine nutritional powder and make up my own patties, mixing it with blended fruit/veg, minced roo/chicken etc, and small amount of soaked oats.

His products are excellent quality and very well priced in comparison to a lot of other similar products. Still worth looking around at what alternatives are out their though (never know what suppliers you'll find) - i managed to get his stuff cheaper than listed on the internet, shop has closed down now though :love::love: .

Closest place in Melb near templestowe i can think of is the Greensborough grain store (rear of main st - near pool).

I can strongly recommend Mandy at Callicoma, she's excellent, really knows her stuff as she breeds working kelpies, shows, does agility, etc, etc, etc. She's based in Grafton NSW and postage is reasonable to most areas (was a little expensive to Cairns though).

You can't go past her for service and price - I don't know how she sells such good quality stuff for such small prices. But I'm glad she does! :)

Oh, her collars and leads are AWESOME! :laugh:

I had Maddy on it for a while. It worked well for a while. Until Spencer started trying to steal it from her. lol. But she liked that garlic taste and ate it down greatly.

We put her onto another brand now though because it caused runny poo's for her. This problem didn't go away so someone suggested to switch brands for a while to see if it works. And it did.

I'd say go for it. (If you like that garlic smell...mmmm....lol.)

The VAN might get a little 'hard' if it's not mixed well before you pour it from the bag, or if it's the stuff left at the bottom of the bag. I had a 5 kg bag of cat VAN that got like that towards the end, but the new bag is ok, much more moist.

My dogs get VAN only occasionally now but I used it all the time when switching my older dog to raw from dry food and for a couple of years afterwards.

My cat has been having it for years as her main diet with an occasional tin of Snappy Tom or something as a treat. She loves it and will even eat it dry from the packet :thumbsup: .