K9 Force Vic Workshop

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K9: there will be around 20 there.

In the future I intend producing some videos for retail market, I dont really have an issue with someone taping a demo with a dog or so but I dont think taping the who thing would be a great idea.

There are other people there that may get caught on film & not really want to, that is always one concern.

So, if you wish to bring a video camera, thats ok, you can record me working your dog if you wish, but unless it was going to be a professional production, I dont think taping the whole thing is not the greatest idea.

If someone was able to tape & edit this into something pro, that may be different.

Please K9 Force, please tape or put together some notes or something....

I have been following all this discussion and I know from LL that your week-ends are great and really interesting stuff but as i am in NT at present it is all a bit difficult.....

would really like to learn a whole lot more about it all.

thanks

annie carlin and clancy

OT but I was wondering if anyone else was planning to bring lunch? :) I've just had a killer vet bill and won't be able to afford much more than $2 worth of chips :rofl: I can sit with the dogs and talk to them while everyone else goes out though - maybe they'll tell me all the goss about their owners :laugh:

ImaShepHead don't even think that, i'm the same way (bad tax return), i'm sure the dogs will need a break as well the rest of us. Either we round up something or we sneak in with our lunch. By the way the more camcorders we can have the better the possible production we could produce (i can do a bit of post production (those that want to be edited out can be,etc) but i don't own a camera - but might be able to get get one (definately a tripod or 2)).

Can't wait till then.

Just wanted to add - I'm bringing Chili but to save confusion on the day it is pronounced "Keeley" rather than "Chilli" ok? I've had instances where people have asked whats Keeley doing here, you said you were bringing Chilli ;) She's named after a motorbike rider, I'm not being difficult for the sake of it - its how he spells/pronounces his name!

What do you think we should do? I can go to the pub like last time. My mother is staying with us, as she has been recently discharged from hospital - she has Jack and Dancer (cancer) I do not mind.

As long as more people are ordering meals, than bringing their own, I am sure the hotel staff will not mind, but people may be frightened to leave their dogs. But there is shade available, at the pub, if you want to leave your dogs in the car (if it is not too hot). Otherwise as mentioned there are safe pens available or crates at our home. I think my husband will be at home also to keep an eye on any dogs left during lunch and he can telephone on my mobile if any dog is distressed.

Edited by Lablover

I'm happy to stay with the dogs and eat my lunch there along with anyone else who'd like to stay - but if thats being 'snobby' I'll come to the pub and leave Chili in the crate - I don't really mind. I would feel bad though eating my brought lunch at the pub, really can't afford to buy it ;)

EFS

Edited by ImaShepHead

It is a semi rural hotel. 5 minutes walk from our place.

It is ..... it's one of the few remaining "pub" type pubs. I used to pop in there after a long sweaty day horse-riding (on the way home). It's a very "take me as I am" type place. ISH - I doubt they'll notice you (nor care) that you're snacking on your sandwiches.

I plan to go .... save fixing lunch beforehand.