Callus Elbows

Alibear

Yes you should!

And I want Bear to put a modelling show on, on Sat night!

Yeah, you see, that is not going to happen! :)

I would never embarrass my boy like that! He would never forgive me!

Maybe Griff could come along and model them for us! :laugh::scared:

Oh My God!

:angel::angel::angel::angel::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just laughed sooooo hard, everyone in the office thinks I have totally lost the plot! (MInd you that isn't anything new :) )

You were right Wags - he looks great! Such a handsome boy!

I'm gonna get me some of them on the weekend!

:scared::laugh::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Ah that was a great laugh for a Friday afternoon. Thanks :)

Oh Griff Sorry - I was only kidding around! I think Wags would look much better in them anyway - what do you think? :thumbsup:

:):) :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

wags doesnt want to wear them as wags doesnt have calluses on her elbows!

and, seems its your dog, its only fair......

Oh Griff Sorry - I was only kidding around! I think Wags would look much better in them anyway - what do you think?  :)

:) :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

wags doesnt want to wear them as wags doesnt have calluses on her elbows!

and, seems its your dog, its only fair......

But I don't wanna :thumbsup:

Would Bear rip up a mattress as well - those flat ones you get from Petbarn. You could also put his current bed just to the side of the door and if he uses it, buy him a second one for night time.

The simple answer to chewing the mattress is - YES! We have been through a couple, so I just stopped buying them. I bought him one of those shell pools the other day and put it outside to keep him cool during the summer. By the time I got home from work he had managed to chew off all the edges and the rope that holds both sides together! :)

We have 2 of the hession beds. His current bed is only about 1.5mtrs from the door anyway, just not in line with it, so I am going to put the other one right at the door, which could be tricky, but if he lays on it, it will be worth it.

Edited by Alibear

Stella had a fair bit of skin infection (lipe pimples) and those sore elbows, too. She got antibiotics for a month, washing in iodine etc - though vet worned, that once elbows get infected, they usually don't clear, as antibiotics don't penetrate callouses well. He also recommended to switch to Hills sensitive skin food. About a year later, her skin is clear, hair nice and oily, and elbows have a bit of callouses, but nothing like before! If you feed BARF, maybe increase skin supplements - fish oil, carilage.

I was thinking about bying the elbow protectors, too, but no need now.

• 4 months later...

Newbie here and looking for answers to this problem. Have a feeling it is also more skin problem related as have three Labs, all kept in the same area night and day and only the youngest has callouses which I've just noticed are gradually getting worse. Have just switched her to a special dried food for skin as well as adding Biolac skin and coat powder and her coat definitely getting oilier but maybe the callouses take time. Will give the Protecta Pad a go. Thanks for the info.

Glade