Perthies....

Anna H

K9: OK, Im back & there are plenty of places left...

Still waiting for many to reply...

I've still not heard what sort of training methods K9 use. There are three of

us interested if there are gaps available.

K9: Ok, this workshop will include basics of Training in drive, loose leash walking & question time.

My methods are my own methods, I have developed them from scratch...

I gather if you bring a dog the cost is $180 for both days but there is no mention of cost as a spectator

who is not bringing a dog. I've attended many workshops and have always had a fee for those with dogs

and a cheaper rate for spectators but this course could be structured in a different way.

K9: These workshops are designed to get information to the attendants, not really train dogs, but dogs are welcome & some may even be used in the demos.

But bringing a dog is optional...

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K9: just not possible, sort of like saying, I have ten minutes, can you read an encyclopedia to me? lol...

Edited to add.

Training in drive, even the basics is in depth, one not to be rushed..

You will get the idea of the recall, but the module of the Reliable recall is 2 hours long, & this is based on the fact that people already understand training in drive...

You will get the whole picture out of two days...

Edited by K9 Force

C: oky doky , 2 days it is then, you don't sell cars as a sideline do you

K9: lol, no... But have you seen our range of leashes? Best in the world! :confused:

CL: should we bring a pen and paper??

K9: yep great idea, but main items you will need are: -

1. Open mind

2. Sense of humour...

I will be sending out an email by the end of this week to tell you all some more details..

Steve I was wondering is there any info you might suggest I can read before the course? I am very embarrassed to admit I dont even know what drive training is (currently blushing in front of my computer :confused:) I did do a search on this forum a while back but couldnt find anything for the ultimate novice.

K9: reading other things will probably only add confusion. Take a look at the articles on my web site, they will help.

But look no one should be embarrassed, these workshops will be aimed at how you can understand your "pet" better, & take it much further if you need to.

I will give every one a solid foundation in these programs of mine & do my best to make sure everyone is nodding their heads by the end of the day/s.

The key ingredient is to have fun, not take it too seriously.. Nothing to be worried about, it will be great!

C: oky doky , 2 days it is then, you don't sell cars as a sideline do you

K9: lol, no... But have you seen our range of leashes? Best in the world! :confused:

CL: should we bring a pen and paper??

K9: yep great idea, but main items you will need are: -

1. Open mind

2. Sense of humour...

I will be sending out an email by the end of this week to tell you all some more details..

1. Open mind... check, Rolling the joint now (j/k)

2. Sense of humour... check, what did the fingers say to the face? *Slap!*

leashes!? goodie, i cannot find a small leather leash anywhere for my pug pup, nothing else will compliment his studded collar.

I assume we are going to a local park?

Is there somewhere we can tie the dogs up to easily?

Do we have a plan in case of crap weather for a venue?

Al

Yep it's a local park. There isn't a specific place to tie dogs up to. A few trees. Maybe bring one of those tie-out stakes?

In the beginning, it was a big drama trying to find somewhere suitable, it went on for a long time, and with that in mind and also keeping costs down, we just selected a local park.

No backup venue has been selected - finding a venue at all was hard enough! I don't know if I dare say this, but we'd be damn unlucky to get constant rain the whole weekend, this is Perth afterall. I think we can handle a few showers though :party: it's only water :)

There is a bit of shelter we can get under during showers but not to conduct the entire day from.

I have access to a very large fully fenced warehouse that also has a large grassed outdoor area, covered outdoor concrete area or obviously inside if necessary, would be suitable for us lot if required - only downer is it is in Rockingham which is a bit of a drive if you are interested. Obviously we would have toilet facilities and I can open up the offices for coffee tea etc. I have access to it at short notice so if you want........

Al

Edited by crusader

I have access to a very large fully fenced warehouse that also has a large grassed outdoor area, covered outdoor concrete area or obviously inside if necessary, would be suitable for us lot if required - only downer is it is in Rockingham which is a bit of a drive if you are interested. Obviously we would have toilet facilities and I can open up the offices for coffee tea etc. I have access to it at short notice so if you want........

Al

Thanks Al for your offer. We will stick with the current plans for now (full details will follow), maybe consider a 'Plan B' if the forecast is horrific :rolleyes: