Perthies....

Anna H

i'm stuck as to what dag to bring. i don't have one of my own but have a choice of three.

the one that needs the most help is Roxy, i have so many questions about her, but her problems are also relatred to brain damage and she'd probably need to be muzzled most of the time.

then there is rusty, he has a few little quirks, like he'll bite you if you grab his collar, but that is about it.

and then there is jame, he has no formal training and lack basic manners but he is an absolute sweetheart and will be the least stress.

what you you guys recon will be the best dog to bring to the thingy?

i'll just add that i would love to take Roxy, but i feel that she is beyond help.

Christe

it's ok now!! i'll have my own Pug pup to take!!!! he arrives on Monday!!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's ok now!! i'll have my own Pug pup to take!!!! he arrives on Monday!!

you taking a pup?! how old will he be?. i'd be more inclined to bring doug if he wasn't the only little one there.

would love to meet a bubby pug.

Can someone pls let me know where the venue is and what time the sessions will start and finish, I have the Bledisloe cup to add to the day.....

The park is in Dianella and the workshops are all day... I'm sure I read somewhere 9am til 5pm? - or thereabouts, but full days anyway :rofl:

Hi All,

I'm new to your forum so muddling my way around.

The workshop lined up for Perth caught my eye. Can you let me know where it will be held as I live a long way out of Perth and will need to check traveling time etc.

Also being knew here what type of training will be demonstrated by K9? I mean training techniques positive or coercive etc.

Yay, I will be there with my Finnish Lapphund girl, Varda. She will be 5 months old so another youngun! I can only go on the Saturday so am very happy that is the day for drive training ;) I had actually forgotten and entered a show on that day...but will do this instead ;)

Hey Baja

All info is here:

K9 Force Website

hope u can make it too ;)

Hi bikle thanks for the link I already have that but 'where is the venue' 15 minutes from perth tells me nothing. I really need a location suburb etc so I can see how long the travel time would be. ;)

post-3489-1153476440_thumb.jpgI emailed K9 but got an automatic response that he is in Tasmania till 27/07/06.

Does anyone know if the workshops are full ?

Bouf has just come home today from Murdoch after cruciate surgery .. so I'd be dogless, but I guess I'm the one to be trained not him.

& I don't want to confuse things .. but isn't Dianella NOR ? :laugh:

Chelsea .. how's the hatching going ? :love:

Bilby

Edited by bilby

I would love to know whether this is full or not aswell, as I am very interested in attending one of the days aswell

Edited by Sept13th

& I don't want to confuse things .. but isn't Dianella NOR ? :laugh:

Bilby

Last I knew, there were still a few places left, so certainly send Steve an email.

Yes, Dianella is NOR :love:

The park is in Dianella and the workshops are all day... I'm sure I read somewhere 9am til 5pm? - or thereabouts, but full days anyway :thumbsup:

Does that help you Baja?

Thanks for that at least I know how far I have to travel, time etc.

I've still not heard what sort of training methods K9 use. There are three of

us interested if there are gaps available.

I gather if you bring a dog the cost is $180 for both days but there is no mention of cost as a spectator

who is not bringing a dog. I've attended many workshops and have always had a fee for those with dogs

and a cheaper rate for spectators but this course could be structured in a different way.

Anyway, I'll wait to hear.

Cheers and thanks for trying to help it's much appreciated.

I've still not heard what sort of training methods K9 use. There are three of us interested if there are gaps available.

Hi Baja, the link that Bilby gave you previously has all the info on it. If you browse the rest of the K9 Force website, (not just the WA Workshop page), it details the training methods and there are plenty of articles to read. K9 Force Website

Also, if you search this Training forum on Dogz Online for K9 Force, you will find plenty of information and discussions.

I gather if you bring a dog the cost is $180 for both days but there is no mention of cost as a spectator

who is not bringing a dog. I've attended many workshops and have always had a fee for those with dogs

and a cheaper rate for spectators but this course could be structured in a different way.

The costs are as advertised, regardless of whether or not you take your dog. These workshops are for us humans to learn how to train our dogs, and Steve will demo his methods using the dogs that are there throughout the day, but not every dog is guaranteed to be worked and some people find it easier to "soak up" all the information without their dog there. So, entirely up to you really :happydance:

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Hi Meriment

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have had a look at the K9 page. having a few probs with the silly computer (perhaps silly operator!) it seems to enjoy encrypting portions of the details :thumbsup: Still I've got the gist.

Most workshop I've been to limit numbers and everyone works their dogs according to handler/dog's level of experience etc. But that's cool everyone has their own way of doing things. I'm always eager to broaden my knowledge so attend as much as I can in the way of schools workshops etc. I can't agree with you more it's us the handlers that are attending to learn then go away and work with our dogs :happydance:

Thanks Bikle I had a look at the page as mentioned above. So I guess from here I send an email to Steve to see if there are any spaces available.

If there is I'll plan to do both days may or may not bring a dog. Mine all compete very well and I don't have any problems but I am a sponge when it comes to learning.

Thanks again for taking the time to give me some feed back.