Central Coast/newcastle People

I have a topic

regarding obedience

aggression when corrections are given, eg, sit, dog doesnt sit, push dogs butt down, dog gets aggressive, down, dog doesnt go down - gently correct dog bringing down - dog gets aggressive.

gandalf

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:p Waaah already fully booked - please put my name down on a waiting list if anyone can't make it at the last minute or something. I am very keen to attend a night and would love some instruction on training in pack drive ...pretty please???

Can we just pay cash on the night ?? - if we have the exact amount ??

oh - and do we bring one of our dogs ??? or just come ourselves ???

and what do we need to bring ?? pen . paper anything else ??

sorry for all the questions, :p just want to be prepared.

thanks for setting this up cindy,

from gandalf

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steve is probably enjoying his xmas break so I will ask more questions when he gets back

Yes do bring a pen and paper because there is always a lot that you learn

I think the easiest thing re payment would be to transfer the money to Steve prior to the night but if that is an issue we can work something out

Re dogs - only two dogs on the night because there will just not be enough time to work with any more than that. I'll have a chat to Steve about what we are going to cover and we can work from there. I know some of you have offered your own dogs and we can look at bringing two of those???????

Brooke - you can have Palane's spot if you like?????

Yes please - include me IN!!! Please keep me posted re what to bring etc won't you? Thanks so much for organising this!! Always a pleasure to attend one of Steve's seminars!

Due to some logistic issues I may have to bring my GSD but he does not have to be used by Steve if there are others to choose from. He will sit quietly by me (fingers crossed!! LOL)

Edited by Brooke

Cindy

i have another topic for steve, i would really like to know, what his likes and dislikes are regarding training methods, equipment, etc etc

gandalf

If I can butt in here :bottom: since Im an expert with experince in organising those.... :bottom:

What I have found was that majority of the time people wanted very simmilar subjects covered and they included:

loose leash walking

theory of how do dogs learn - drives - positive and negative and how to use them

triggers to behaviour followed by what is management and what is training

what to do in the sh*t happens situations

recall

pack structre - there is always talk about TOT and NILIF

demo of various equipment - and yes ask to feel that shocking tool - ecollar :bottom:

dogs jumping up

and there always been dog agression. But that is one big subject and I feel that if you will cover all of the above there is little time left for the dog agression, although people always ask and K9 always talks about it.

oh there alwasy is a dog that hates that one neighbour.... ask Steve what to do about that.

Hi Winterpaws,

I'd also be interested in attending if a spot opens up! I'm not far from you.

Would love to bring my male Dobe (would be 8mths then) if it can be arranged.. he has no major problems (just a typical testosterone brain) and I'd love to learn more and not spoil him with poor training.

Cheers

Megs

• 2 weeks later...

Gandalf, I beleive Steve and Winterpaws are back from holidays, as I've been in contact with both of them... they're probably still sorting out details for the night.

I'd like to put in my vote to discuss Pack Drive.

Id like to put in my vote to discuss everything, i think we are so lucky to have steve come to the central coast, to help us out with all his knowledge, i want to ask him everything about dogs ever know to man. :mad:(

gandalf