What Is The Best Dry Food?

me again, I'm on the petdeli site and I see they're selling a dog food called "Petz total".

This is what they say about it : Pets Total is an ideal food for all adult dogs as it is 100% balanced and complete, offering all that is required for the nutritional intake of your dog. 22% protein and 15% fat content. No artificial preservatives, colours or flavours are added. Product has been formulated to the guidelines of AAFCO.

It costs $40 for a 15kg bag. Has anyone tried it? Do you know where I can see the list of ingredients?

That's why I try to remember to provide the website OR the entire name of the product I recommend, which is Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance. This product is made in the USA...not Australia. I do not recommend any Australian made/manufactured foods b/c I do not believe any of them are worth buying.

I know it's confusing with two products that have similar names...but as I keep saying, I only recommend foods made outside of Australia due to the quality of the ingredients and the nature of the ingredients used.

So, repeating my recommendations based upon personal experience and personal preference and given that I feed my dogs on raw, whole foods (except Molly who gets processed for breakfast and raw for dinner)...they are:

1. Innova EVO.

2. Dick van Patten's Natural Balance.

3. Eagle Pack Holistic.

As far as I'm aware, all three are available in Australia and all three are imported from the USA where they are manufactured. If that changes, then my opinion of the food/s may also change.

I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure.

EVO Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein (minimum) 42.0%, Crude Fat (min) 22.0%, Crude Fibre (maximum) 2.5%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Linoleic Acid (min) 4.2%, Vitamin E (min) 300 IU/kg, Ascorbic Acid (Vit C) (min) 500mg/kg, Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min) 0.50%, Total Microorganisms (min) 90,000,000 CFU/LB.

Calorie Content:

Metabolizable Energy (calculated) 4243 cal/kg, 537 cal/cup, 1 cup = 4.40 oz (124g).

DVP's Natural Balance Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein (min) 22%, Crude Fat (min) 13%, Crude Fibre (max) 4.5%, Moisture (max) 10%, Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min) 2.6%.

NB is made using only certified organic ingredients. :thumbsup:

I hope this helps. :)

Dick van Patten's Natural Balance Organic dog food is now available in Australia.

PM me for the information. Excellent food certified organic everything! No soy, no corn, no dairy, no eggs, no sunflower oil and no wheat.

Cheaper than Innova.

I still only recommend Innova for cats (hopefully DvP's NBO will have a cat food available in Australia soon).

WA's Natural Balance -

All Natural

Natural BalanceTM Super Premium dog food contains no added BHA, BHT or ethoxyquin. Natural BalanceTM is naturally and carefully preserved with a natural antioxidant containing natural mixed tocopherols (Vitamin E) and rosemary extract. No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives are used

Hypo Allergenic

Natural BalanceTM Super Premium dog food has been carefully formulated using Australian grown lamb and rice as the main ingredients. This formulation may assist dogs that develop a hyper-sensitivity to traditional wheat, beef and poultry based diets.

Premium Ingredients

Rice, Australian lamb, corn gluten meal, tallow, Omega MagicTM essential oil blend, oat bran, FOS, yucca extract, sodium HMP, natural flavours, vitamins A D3 E K3 B1 B2 B3 B5 B6 B12, Folic Acid, Biotin, Copper (from Sulphate), Copper Chelate, Zinc (from Sulphate), Zinc Chelate, Manganese (from Oxide), Manganese Chelate, Iron (from Sulphate), Iron Chelate, Selenium, Iodine, and Calcium. Product protected by natural mixed tocopherols and rosemary extract.

Natural BalanceTM dog food contains Omega Magic, a natural blend of high-grade Omega 6 and Omega 3 essential oils. This balanced and potent blend of flaxseed oil, high-grade fish oil, sunflower and canola oils ensures your dog maintains a shiny coat and healthy skin.

Available from Here

Well I'm back from Pet Goods Direct. Good news and bad news I'm afraid.

The good news is that I priced the 3 different sizes of Innova EVO

1.5kg $19.99

6kg $69.99

13kg $145.00

The bad news is that Pet Goods Direct is owned by Pets Paradise. Grrrrhhh

Kim

Do Pet Goods Direct have a website? Yep they are owned by Pets Paradise. I've been told that Pets Paradise has a contract with Natura USA who make Innova, California Natural and Healthy Wellness to be the only Australian distributors. I think that is sooooo wrong, esp. since I want to be able to sell it!! :(

Edited by Leenie

Do Pet Goods Direct have a website? Yep they are owned by Pets Paradise. I've been told that Pets Paradise has a contract with Natura USA who make Innova, California Natural and Healthy Wellness to be the only Australian distributors. I think that is sooooo wrong, esp. since I want to be able to sell it!! :)

I don't think they have a website.

Kim - who will still feed her pooch Innova EVO because it keeps her weight on

Do Pet Goods Direct have a website? Yep they are owned by Pets Paradise. I've been told that Pets Paradise has a contract with Natura USA who make Innova, California Natural and Healthy Wellness to be the only Australian distributors. I think that is sooooo wrong, esp. since I want to be able to sell it!! :rofl:

What is its URL? I can't find it...

If this Pet Goods Direct is also owned by the Bates family (PP) then I won't buy from it either.

BTW - now feeding Molly (breakfast only) on Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Organic Formula and she's doing great! I reckon PP can get stuffed! And Natura can keep its exclusive deal b/c I've got a food that's just as good if not better. :laugh:

Bugger off Pet's Paradise...we don't like you, we don't want you, and we don't need you! Your policies on buying and selling animals stink and we end up with the results...poorly bred animals dumped in shelters once their families realise what a problem they've bought. Shame on you and your "breeders". Shame. :confused:

I use supercoat burt after reading this I might have a look at coprice. I used coprice for my horses many years ago and found it fantastic.

Coprice dog food? IMO you might as well feed boiled rice and chicken feathers...that's basically what Coprice puts in its kibble...JMO. :confused:

IMO there are many superior kibbles available...please research your choices more thoroughly before changing to a food even more inferior than supercoat...your dog/s deserves the best food you can possibly buy. :laugh:

Do Pet Goods Direct have a website? Yep they are owned by Pets Paradise. I've been told that Pets Paradise has a contract with Natura USA who make Innova, California Natural and Healthy Wellness to be the only Australian distributors. I think that is sooooo wrong, esp. since I want to be able to sell it!! :rofl:

What is its URL? I can't find it...

If this Pet Goods Direct is also owned by the Bates family (PP) then I won't buy from it either.

BTW - now feeding Molly (breakfast only) on Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Organic Formula and she's doing great! I reckon PP can get stuffed! And Natura can keep its exclusive deal b/c I've got a food that's just as good if not better. :laugh:

Bugger off Pet's Paradise...we don't like you, we don't want you, and we don't need you! Your policies on buying and selling animals stink and we end up with the results...poorly bred animals dumped in shelters once their families realise what a problem they've bought. Shame on you and your "breeders". Shame. :confused:

Pet Goods Direct is owned by Pets Paradise. I went to their store the other day and asked and she said YES it is ownded by Pets Paradise.

I will still use Innova EVO because I will put my dogs health before my opinions on the store.

Topsy, my cavalier cross westie, has mega oesophagus which means she regurgitates a lot of her food. She lost two kilos in about 2 months and I needed to find her a food that would put some weight on her because she was soooo skinny. With the high protein and fat levels in the EVO she has put a little weight back on and is coping much better.

Kim

Have you tried Eagle Pack's Holistic range? I have no personal experience with it, but I know many ppl with greyhounds (notorious for their digestive issues) use it as a "last resort" option with great success. I reckon it's worth a try if you can get a sample bag. Go for one of the higher protein formulations...I hope this helps. :confused: