For Itchy Scratchy Dogs

KOE

I used it for 5 years constantly on a show Affie and she had the best coat of all my Affies. She was a gold with black fringing, beautiful long healthy coat so I can't knock it. Another Affie, blue brindle, his coat went best with Johnsons Baby Shampoo, anything else would make it look dull and stringy. When I was showing a few Affies, the shampoo lineup stretched right along a shelf :happydance2:

This is what I came here to ask!

My puggy girl is itchin' like a mad woman.Not a flea to be seen,flea treated anyway,but scratch!She is driving herself(AND ME!) insane.Will try this tomorrow.

I washed my long-haired GSD once a week for 12 years with Martha Gardners Wool Mix. It was actually the only stuff that I could work through his coat properly.

And it would have cost me a fortune to use a commercial dog shampoo brand to wash him, as I used to have to use so much on him.

He had a beautiful shiny coat, and never once had a flea or skin problem.

Yep I have used the wool wash on my ponies but why didn't i think to use it on the dogs? I have just bathed both of my boys with a nice smelling tea-tree shampoo and they smell nice but are still itching a bit. Flea treated and haven't seen any fleas.

My dali has skin problems which is common and I use an oatmeal based conditioner which takes the imflamation out of the redness of his skin but definately give the wool wash a go on Murray (my beagle cross) next bath day :)

Anne

Edited by Cheyenne_Fury

:) the wool mixes have quite a lot of detergents in them, which can cause flaky skin.

I use the itchy skin shampoo from Plush Puppy, and when severe itchies occur, I will use malaseb for one or two washes over the summer. a good tea tree shampoo, or pine tarsol shampoo or solution, from the chemist - is brilliant.

fifi