Fat Dog

Seems I should have been feeding her 750g/day.

Are you kidding me??!!! :eek: She will NEVER EVER lose weight if you feed her that much.... She will have to be running all day to lose anything. I really think you should rethink this mover...have you ever owned labs before??

Sorry to be harsh...but thats the truth!

Edited by gusgem

Ok something that worked for us is feeding tripe :rofl: Now I believe it has no nutritional value and is purely bulk so if your dog will eat it you can substitute a meal once or twice a week. This way the dog thinks its been fed when in actual fact it hasn't. Now if the dogs won't eat it I have a wicked tripe and onions recipe ?? :confused::laugh:

QUOTE (witheverythingiam @ 19th Jan 2006 - 07:07 AM)

Seems I should have been feeding her 750g/day.

Are you kidding me??!!! eek1.gif She will NEVER EVER lose weight if you feed her that much.... She will have to be running all day to lose anything. I really think you should rethink this mover...have you ever owned labs before??

Well, I'm not sure about Labs, but the Dobe would be fat as a house on that, too. Not that she would actually eat it :laugh: Maybe a Lab would, which would make it much easier to overfeed them.

For weight loss, bearing in mind the thyroid checks out OK, I would suggest 300-400g meaty bones - meat including the bone. Takes them longer to eat and digest, thus making them a little "happier" with the feed, I guess. :confused:

And only about 100g vege mix. Mine actually gets less than that as her normal ration.

That makes a total of 400-500g per day - in two meals.

When the desired weight is reached, just increase the meaty bone component a little, and that is all to it.

:rofl:

Now if the dogs won't eat it I have a wicked tripe and onions recipe ?? :) :rolleyes:

Tripe is high protein, low fat thus good nutritional value especially for an overweight dog. Stay away from onions and only use small amounts of garlic, too much can cause haemolytic anaemia in both dogs and cats.