Uncontrollable Urge To Pee. Stops On Vomit

Erny

Thanks for your thoughts all ......

Spoke to Kal's Vet last night. Remaining blood tests have come in and are essentially normal :clap: . However, there is one of the results which shows cortisole levels in the high end of normal. Guy Yates (Vet) is going to double check them (and check the research books) to see if this might be read to indicate Cushing's type tumour/s. Although I hope so, it is going to be a very very slim chance that it will, given the other tests showing normal. Waiting for Guy's phone call today or this evening.

Kal's having multiples on multiples of mini-seizures. This is not good.

And her behavioural changes indicate a tumour affecting the brain cortex. This is not good either.

Kal is feeling very low today. I would imagine the seizures are draining her. Short of the little remaining hope on the blood test result, all I can do is give it until Saturday week to see if the phenobarbitone makes a difference to the seizures and to see if that, in turn, makes a difference to her general tiredness/weakness.

One of the fellows at the kennels where I train made her a wooden box/step ..... this was so she could manage to climb into the back seat of the car with dignity, something that's been a bit of a problem of late. Bless his soul for his thoughts. :clap:

I trained today. When I'm doing that, my mind is off Kal's current health issues (although not ever very far away from thought). But I'm always pleased to get back to her as quickly as possible.

She still loves her meals and this is good. Speaking of which, better go check to see if her chicken fillet is cooked so I can prepare it for serving. :rofl:

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Bloss344.

Kal's bloods are confirmed as normal ..... so not Cushing's.

Will wait it out for the next week or two to give the phenobarb's a chance to make a difference.

Kal's well cared for and doted on in the meantime. :rofl: If she could speak, I'm sure she'd be deeply gratified for all the well wishes, prayers, support ..... as I am. Thank you.

Hugs to you both...

I guess the blood work coming back as all clear, is a good sign - still does not supply any answers but at least you can rule out cushings...

Jodie

Actually, we were hoping the bloods wouldn't come back all clear. We were hoping for a Cushing's result because in that case, it would have been possible to deal with the tumour/s with drug therapy. A "normal" result means there's nothing else we can do, short of the paliative (sp?) care I'm already providing.

Kal had another mini-seizure early hours this morning (she could well have had multiples of mini-mini seizures during the night, but they are very quiet and I might have missed them during my sleep, even though she's right next to me). Oh well, I got all my washing done whilst I was up keeping an eye on her compulsive pacing phase ..... and I tidied the kitchen (ready to cook up her next meal :mad).

At one stage this morning, though, she did have the presence of mind to come fetch me when she needed to go outside to the toilet. That's a good sign, because there's been times when she seems to have forgotten her toilet training.

She's having a mini-mini seizure now. Head 'taps' that can't be stopped even by holding the head. These last for a few seconds to a minute, but after a few seconds to a minute's pause, commence again. This might go on for 15-20 minutes overall.

Thanks Wolf & Shek .... No, it's not easy and somewhat all consuming at times, but yet again Kal is my teacher and I'm amazed at the level of patience, tolerance and determination for continued caring (I guess this can be what it's like to be a 'carer' .... I've always respected and admired those people who do this, now even more so) she has raised me to. It's part of the responsibility you accept when you take on a pet (or for that matter, any living being who shall be dependant on you). It is Kal I take my hat off to. :mad

Kal still looks forward to and loves her meals and still has enough grunt to put Monty in his place when he's over the top with her (rare, as Monty is actually very gentle and quiet around her) and the neighbour tells me she put up a good show at barking at the trucks that were arriving to the other next door neighbours, who are having a swimming pool constructed. There's life in the ol' chick yet, for a while anyway and I make every effort to do what she wants to do when she wants to do it.

Erny sweetheart, I'm so sorry Kal is suffering so regularly ATM... I've only been on line once or twice over the last few weeks due to computer problems but I've been thinking of you and Kal.

I'll be in touch soon :thumbsup:

Try to keep your chin up matey :mad

Thank you, Shek. I think Kal is my inspiration. And I've said it before, the support I have received here has helped keep me going too. :mad

Hi Pampa :thumbsup: I have thought of you too. Haven't had the chance to contact, but will soon if I get to beat you to it. :rofl:

How's Kal going today Erny ? It must be horrid for you watching her when she's fitting, but if she's still enjoying her grub & barking at the neighbours etc it sounds as though she's still enjoying life. At least she has no consciousness of her condition & no fear of what is to come - much , much harder for you. You're in my thoughts & prayers - noone could possibly have done more for their companion than you have.

Edited by scottie

Hi Scottie. Thanks for asking. After a rather rough night (more mini-seizures, but unpleasant ... seemed to involve breathing difficulties too) Kal has had some peaceful sleep. Unfortunately, that's not making for too much "quality" at the moment, as, apart from eating, sleeping is what she does mainly at the moment. Hence I'm really hoping the phenobarb's kick in and make a difference there. She doesn't have a lot of 'umph' left for things such as walks. Doesn't give me the excited tail wag and little jump for joy when I say the "drive" or "car" word. In fact, not much tail wagging has occurred over the last couple of days. But that could be just for now. Time will tell. At the moment, she's tucked under her blanket, on her Snooza Bed mattress, on the floor next to me. Snoozing peacefully, for the time being (touch wood). :rofl:

Time to put her chicken fillet on to cook. She'll like that. :thumbsup: (Monty is enjoying these feeds too .... he normally gets fed once a day at his own home, but he's been getting a small treat/feed each time I feed Kal. Makes up for not as much exercise and attention as he would normally get, given the circumstances.)

ETA: Watching and learning the 'patterns' that are occurring over time, I note that around 11.00 pm seems to be about the worst time for discomfort and restlessness for Kal. I don't know why. :mad Maybe I need to give the other 1/2 tab of phenobarb a bit later. She normally has it at the time she gets fed tea (approx 5-6pm). Morning dose is at about 7.30-8.30am.

Edited by Erny

Thinking of you Erny - i don't post here as i have no useful info to add, but, would like to let you know that we are thinking of you and you are both in our prayers each night. Hang in there - heres hoping for some improvement for you both.

:):) Hugs to you both and a big special one for the lovely Kal. :o

Thinking of you Erny - i don't post here as i have no useful info to add ... :):) Hugs to you both and a big special one for the lovely Kal. :o

Your mere thoughts for best wishes are useful in themselves, Malleerr. Thank you. Going over to Kal to give her that special hug from you. :D