Where Can I Get..........

I want to get a really thin cotton webbing or whatever obedience lead for my girl for obedience- she does really nice offlead work but lags when she has a lead on- so i was thinking a thinner one may help?

Thoughts and suggestions please?

Where do you get them from? Ive checked the net.....

Guest cloverfdch

Peri check out the dog vans at the show when you go, they often sell leads like that. Also Black dog sell a thin cotton lead aswell.

Peri, I have a long thin lead you could try, to see if it works? CDC has them but if you want to try one first let me know.

My boy Angus always lagged, the instructors finally said he just didn't want to be walking next to me, but a step behind... :thumbsup:

I was going to suggest using a cat (or a puppy) one too... they are very lightweight. Just be careful that your dog is past the stage where he may suddenly lunge for something as I doubt these leads would hold a dog bigger than, um, a cat!

Plenty of the online stores stock show leads... would they be of any use to you? They are very fine nylon leads. Bonus of lots of colours to choose from and they usually aren't very expensive.

Wish I was that lucky, Chelsea is in Novice and still thinks that the occasional lunge is worth the reprimand :thumbsup:

I've just had a look around, I can't find my old cat lead.. otherwise you'd be welcome to it.

Best of luck tonight!

Hey

I will be trying them out during the week- i bought them after class.

She hadn't forgotten anything- so that was a real bonus too. :thumbsup:

But we didnt do the Novice class :p , i chickened out tonight- I will give it a go next week.

And I have also signed up to do the instructors course. ;)

she does really nice offlead work but lags when she has a lead on

G'day, Eddy here.

Peri I have a suggestion, all of our Cavaliers did heaps better off-lead than on-lead, being small dogs they really didn't like loose leads flaping around near their face particularly on windy days. My advice is to do minimal practice as you can on-lead with just enough to pass the novice on-lead part but focus on doing more off-lead as this will help in addressing the lagging during on-lead whilst still increasing their off-lead ability, and keep in mind that once past novice everything is done off-lead where I think your aim might be for the long term.

Edited in as I hit post too soon and forgot to type the lead part. My wife and I when in novice used thin show leads with very small clips with light buckle leather collars, and the light lead with small clips can be obtained at dog shows via the van that sells dog things at shows, as some who do show use these leads with very thin and light "snake chains" for showing purposes.

Edited by EddyAnne

Hey Peri,

I just thought of something - as long as you aren't looking to trial till after the new rules are introduced (1 July 2006) then it won't be a problem because if I remember correctly the 1 heel pattern in novice is done off-lead. Only CCD which is an optional class has an onlead heel pattern.

Ness

Edited by ness