Help! Not Defecating *very Worried*

DogsLover

Hello Everyone,

Is it normal for a 10 weeks old pup not to defecate for 4 days? Other than that, he is perfectly alright. As active as ever :D

He doesn't have difficulty defecating. He just don't defecate. He recently recovered from diarrhea and now went to the other extreme.

Have any of you experience this before? :o

We saw Dr Harry at the Pet Expo yesterday and he advised us to add alittle oat bran to his diet.

Thanks.

Edited by DogsLover

I have often used Plain Yoghurt. Its in a green and white bottle. This will ease the dogs tummy, and cod liver oil has been great to start their bowls working again. Although recently I have heard they no longer sell cod liver oil, so maybe have to stick to the yoghurt. If worst comes to worst, then its best to contact your vet on something else they may have.

My old girl Mia who went to the bridge last Thursday, when she was 10 she suffered a blockage of the bowel, and had to have a bowel clean out as it was so bad, nasty, my vet recommend Phsylium husks mixed in her food, this kept her going really well, she never missed. You get these from the Health food shop.

Yes Yoghurt is good as well, my dogs get it every night, not for bowel problems though, they get the yoghurt which has bush honey in it and it has ABC in it as well. :D

Yoghurt has good bacteria for the lining of the stomach, and honey is a good antiseptic. good for putting on cuts as well. :o

Ok have been down the street this morning and the name of the yoghurt is Jalna, Fat Free Natural Yoghurt, contains Acidophilus, Bifudus, Casei, there are two other yoghurts under the same brand which look good as well. They are Jalna Bio Dynamic. Its best not to change the puppies diet too much as this is what probably caused the runs in the first place. Probably better giving this yoghurt for now mixed with Puppy Pal, and then slowly change his diet. Good luck and let me know how he goes. :D

Jalna is probably the most expensive yoghurt that you can get in the supermarket. Both Peter's and Pauls' do a greek style natural yoghurt, they all contain the good ABC's and will keep a few more pennies in your pocket.

"Sorry but would hardly think the amount used to get the pup feeling better would be expensive. I only ever use 1/4 to 1/2 the yoghurt before my pups are well.

The rest is just good for the pup to finish off, if you chose to keep giving pup this on a daily bases, then yeah chose the cheaper variety.

Physicullum Husks do the trick and very gently as it turns to a jelly and coats everything.

I have to give it to one of my you has a ruptered anal pincher gland and this helps her and stops the poor thing from having her anal glands squeezed every forthinght.

Do not buy it from the chemist go to woolworths and get it for much less.

Plain yoghurt is also a good idea I also use Jalna is it is biodynamic but any good plain yoghurt will do.

Has this poor boy pooped yet?

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all your advices. He finally poo-ed this morning. And it was a solid one.

A long thin strip :rolleyes: of SHIT :rolleyes:

Thanks once again.

Edited by DogsLover