Training At Rcv

Hello everyone,

i just wanted to say that we took our little Maia to her first training class yesterday held by the Rotty club of Victoria,

and co-ordinated by Herr Rottweiler.

although Maia didn't actually have a training session, she did participate in the activity seesion at the end of the class.

she was really funny, she had to run through one of those kiddy coloured tunnel things and 1st go she was VERY hesistant,

although with encouragement she did go through, second go a little more confident, by the third go, she was so confident and enthusiastic

she bounced and leaped through the tunnel only to headbut me at the other end!! it was hysterical, especially for those watching on the sidelines!!!

anyhow the purpose of this post was to tell you all that it is an excellent place to go for training.

Herr Rottweiler and all the volunteers there were full of information and knowledge and so eager to help.

My partner and i feel very lucky to have this training available to us.

it is so encouraging to see all the trainers SO enthusiastic about all the dogs,

and so full of positive energy.

for those of you thinking about going along please do, you will love it.

anyhow just wanted to share the enthusiasm that was rubbed off on me :confused:

hope to see some more DOL there :confused:

cheers

oonga

Edited by oonga

Oonga, did you get to meet Hillary at the rotti club? He's the south african guy with Georgie. A number of his dogs have gained titles and he's a great person to speak to and get some valuable tips from.

Enjoy your training!

Hi Crazy beagle lady,

we will still be going to Southern every second sunday, more for all breed training, so will probably see you there with shoemonster :thumbsup:

Kelpie-i,

i didn't introduce myself to the person i who i think may be Hillary, but if it is the same person i think you are talking about, i also saw him at the ROtty Champ show, and yes he was also handling dogs there, he is a good handler.

also if it is the same person then he was dressed up as a clown at the end of the training session, seems also like an easy going fun person.

cheers

oonga

Glad you enjoyed your first lesson, Oonga. I hope to be able to make it down (for a look see and perhaps volunteer to help out) from time to time. Will look forward to meeting with you. ;)

Hey - HR! Good work ... :thumbsup:

yep was my first night down there too, my boy had a few upsets but overall he was a lot better than i expected him to be, and i enjoyed it... :)

and thanks to HR for the guidance when i needed it... this whole doing stuff in public thing is still very new to us :)

some awesome looking dogs there, and some very cute pups... :D

and yes, Maia sure loved that tunnel by the end of things, and she got you a beauty, oonga... glad it wasnt me in the firing line :P

Hi Erny,

it would be great to meet you at Rotty training some time, it is great to put a face to a name :D it would also be very appreciated i am sure if you were to volunteer your service, and a lovely gesture on your behalf, would probably be rewarding for you too, after reading your responses to people here it is obvious that you are one of those people who likes to help others :cry:

Scope,

i am sooo looking forward to the day that Hudson can walk around without a muzzle and i know that with your patience and committment to him and the supporting guidance you are receiving from people that day will come!

hmmm the tunnel huh *raised eyebrow*

see you wednesday!!

cheers

oonga

Erny: iirc training starts at 7:30... if you rock up around 7 - 7:15ish you should be fine...

just ask HR next time you see him to confirm :P

oonga... yep i too am looking forward to the day Huds can be trusted without a muzzle on... i dont know how long it will take us, but i'm sure we'll get there eventually :)

i dunno how he'd go with the tunnel though, i sure wouldnt want to get collected by him at the other end! :o

Erny, yep as Scope said 7:30pm on wednesday night at KCC park, inside that big building is when training starts.

we get there about 7-ish to pay etc... hope you can make it soon :D

Scope no i don't even think Hudson would fit through the tunnel LOL we may need to get him an XXLarge size one, although i also wouldn't want to be on the receiving end hehhehe

Shoemonster we are looking forward to meeting you and Eddie as well, will be this sunday!!! YAY!

cheers

oonga

shoemonster what time will you be there?

i have to check out the website to confirm what time we need to be there to sign up etc...

but if you guys start earlier we will ge tthere earlier to say hi :(

cheers

oonga

First day class is at 11.30, get there about 11 to sign up and get everything sorted, my class is at 10.30 but I am taking my husbands dog in her class at 11.30 too so will be there the whole time! There is a gap in between and we usually hang around after class for a while too

After that the puppy classes are at 10.30 every week

I'll have Eddie and Kiya (husky x - big fluff ball) with me

Hey guys, glad to hear that you're enjoying RCV training. It's my time to give back to the community after working as a professinal for 15 years :wave:

Oonga - Good work with your little pup! You're doing a great job with her and we have only started to scratch the surface.

Scope - Always great to see someone who is willing to do whatever it takes. Most people would have given up by now so i'm proud of you that you have chosen to persevere and take the necessary precautions. Good on you! :thumbsup:

Anyone else with Rotties or Rotty hybrids are welcome to join and come on down.

HR

Hi HR, and Oonga, why is it all good clubs are in Vic or N.S.W. We in Qld seem to be missing out with our Rottys. Especially here near Hervey Bay. HR, your Gamin looks just like my Ice. Sounds like you all have a great time. Glad you are doing a great job. Sue

SHOEMONSTER: it was great to meet you and Eddie today at training, he is such a gentle affectionate boy, i look forward to seeing you other times, and it was great to hear that stuff i am gowing through is perfectly normal, so thanks for the chat :thumbsup: felt like a mothers club LOL

HERR ROTTWEILER: thanks for the positive feedback! it came at a time when i really needed it as i was feeling like a bit of a failure with Maia, so your comments gave me a boost... good on you for giving back to the community it is truly a great thing to do!!

SMOKEYSUE: yes we are fortunate here in melbourne to have the services of HR and the gang at RCV... but lucky for you Ice is such a clever and well behaved boy he doesn't need them :wave:

oh and Maia is kind of walking on a loose lead YAY don't feel like i am suffocating her dragging her along LOL just need to stop her from zig zagging now... yes i know 1 step at a time LOL

cheers

oonga

Edited by oonga