Flygility Video

Raven at Reparoa Flygility winning a Beginners heat .....

Looks great, I misunderstood flygility, I thought they had to do an agility course then a flyball run separately. (Bit like a triatholon with separate swim-ride-run sections). This makes much more sense now. Is anyone in Australia doing it?? Is the course much longer - it looks like double length between obstacles, not single-stride. And looks like something dogs would love, especially the agility dogs that are obsessed with tunnels but don't enjoy the higher obstacles like walks and see-saw. Thanks that's a good link and congrats to you and Raven - she looks very keen and reliable. Do you have any video (or stills) of other dogs running?

Was the dog actually retrieving the ball from the flyball box? I couldn't see that far in the video. At k9Company at Lilydale, we will do flygility if we get interested people as we have all the equipment, I think Bellarine does it.

Glad you all like it! This is just a very basic course, other agility equipment gets used including six weave wands and a very low a-frame ramp (only raised about 1foot off the ground) and the courses also bend as the dog progesses in ability.

The gaps between the obstacles vary, the only static distance is the five paces between the box and the first fly hurdle, otherwise it can be one stride to two strides between obstacles. The course is generally 15m in length, so the dog runs 30m in total.

Raven did retrieve the ball from the box - the video is from a digital stills camera, not a camcorder, so no zoom. I'll see if I can get some video of our training nights if you like and show you my older dog, Tui, doing a course with a bend in. Now that I know how to do the techno wizardry, I'll fill you in a little more!

That is just wonderful. Thanks for showing us the video. I haven't been doing flyball for long and am really hooked, so this would be an extension - the sky's the limit eh?

Will look out for more videos when you have time.

Once again, thanks a lot.

Noels.

sounds good might even keep it fresh for some flyball dogs.....

It certainly would. We had a training session this morning and just for a change (trying to build up dog's fitness levels) we set up a row of 8 jumps (instead of the usual 4) and put the tunnel at the end. They loved it. Turned straight around and ran back through the tunnel again.

I hope someone starts doing flygility in Sydney.

Jo

wonder if itis worth asking around atnext flyball comp if there are any people interested in trying it...

maybe if we have a fun day it would be interesting to put on LOL there seems to bea bit of rivalry between our agility ppl and our flyball so could get interesting LOL