Sar Seminar - Sydney

Just wondering who is coming along to the SAR seminar? I have been looking forward to this for months and can't wait to meet Julie and some of her dogs!

Toying with the idea of staying up at Kurrajong on the Saturday night as the drive is sooooooo long for us. Anyone else interested in bunking down if I can find some accomodation for us. We could grab a pub meal for dinner.....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there.......:wave: How are you :shrug:

I will be there, but you already knew that :p

I was wondering if you were going to travel up and back both days, bit of a hike for you! :(

I'm with you, very excited about seeing these dogs in action! Should be an awesome weekend! :thumbsup:

See you Saturday! :cool:

I am going too. I am so psyched about it!! I can't believe it is finally hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (well almost)!!!

I have to try and write all my questions down because my head is all over the place (it normally is but it is worse than usual because it is so close).

It was unreal!!

The dogs, SARDA team and K9 Force were fantastic. I have been trying to go over everything in my head but I just keep getting images of the dogs running off on the searches and then the finds and it still blows me away. The enthusiasm and accuracy was absolutely amazing.

It is really hard to put into words as I have never really seen anything like it.

I would like to thank Julie, Andrew, Pat, Chris and Steve again for making it an awesome weekend. It was informative but also a tonne of fun too. Everyone was so down to earth and funny which was such a nice surprise (not that I thought SARDA wouldn't be but they exceeded my expectations in every sense).

I am still buzzing a bit so I am going to try and walk it off but a couple of comments:

Andrew - Hope you leg is ok!!

Julie - I didn't know River was Stamps son hehe

Winterpaws - did you get the tweezers out and have fun removing foreign objects?

AliBear - I will think of Granny Bikie every time I am sad!

K9 - Better luck hiding people next time in VIC! It was a pretty good effort though.

GillBear - Good luck with the part time!

Sidoney - Think of 1hr 15m as "quality time" with your son haha

Kavik - If I ever need mint tea bags, I am going to call you

Chris - You are crazy (in a good way)

Pat - Nice to meet you and I think I will use your 'sponge' cake recipe

Sorry if I forgot anyone! I think the social aspect of the weekend made it more fun for me too.

I hope everyone in VIC gets the same amount out of it as I did!

Kristy

Edited by Latisha

Good weekend, learned a lot ... and stuff that can be applied in other doggy areas than search and rescue.

Thanks everyone for a great, fun, friendly weekend.

BTW Ellie says Helloooo everyone and I know she had fun too.

Yes it was a good bonding time thanks :rolleyes:. We played lots of I spy, number games, etc. and we got to see several species of bird including silver eyes, red browed finches, and what I think was probably a rufous whistler. River (AKA "Son of Stamp") was a welcome sight though. Considering he'd been working for an hour and had already found several people I think he and Julie did great.

Edited by sidoney

Awesome awesome awesome. I am so tired though that I will post more tomorrow

No foreign objects have yet been removed - ummmm long story but ouch it hurts

My foot has swollen up and I have a nice golfball sized lump! I really reccomend camouflage pants and boots to those attending in Melbourne - eh Steve :rolleyes:

Black boots were definitely the go ... my feet felt out of place in runners ... and was it camo pants or even perhaps bulletproof pants? :rolleyes:

Just to add to my previous post, I'd been expecting to learn a lot, but I had not anticipated what a fun weekend it was, I'd actually been expecting to be somewhat intimidated by ultra capable people ... well they were certainly ultra capable, people and dogs, but intimidating was a long way off the mark. The friendliness and approachability of the SARDOG team went a long way to setting the sociable tone of the weekend, which when added to the learning experience gained, made it a most memorable and worthwhile weekend.

Thanks Sidoney,

I've already emailed to get in for the workshop :( - havent heard back yet though.

I've heard really good stuff about K9 Force (Steve) and really want to get to a workshop.

Didnt see the SAR page till you sent it to me - so thanks.

Although dont know if it's just me or not but I havent been able to see any dates for the SAR workshop!! :laugh:

- Gillian

Edited by Gillian