Tessa

wednesday

This is my beautiful Rotti Tessa. She was born on 25-Mar-92 and died 8-Nov-02 (spooky thing is it's the same day as Abby was born, my current Rotti). I got her when she was 8 weeks old. She was diagnosed with bone cancer on the 7th November and I was a wreck trying to decide if it was time to get her PTS. BUT, being the ever loving and pleasing dog she is, she decided her time was up on her own and died peacefully in her sleep on the 8th of November, in her favourite spot in the garden. The vet didn't think the cancer was the cause, but he said it probably contributed to it, he thinks it was probably her heart, it was just to old to keep fighting (and she'd had heart worm in 1996 so it probably wasn't as strong as it should be).

Anyway, here's her pictures and she was a wonderful introduction to the breed. She was as gentle as a lamb, loved everyone and didn't have a mean bone in her body.

Let the arms of the earth hug you tight as you sleep.

post-19-1073470157.jpg

post-19-1073470157.jpg

Edited by wednesday

• 10 months later...
Guest pussycat

just saw tessa's pictures and awwwwwww'd for 10 mins!

she is beautiful

are rotties big sooks ?? they dont at all seem as nasty as they are often portrayed

Every Rotti I've encountered (bar one) has been a BIG sook. They are loving, loyal and think they're lap dogs.

Tessa used to let kids ride around on her back (I wish I had a photo). She always tried to please, had a heart of gold.

Abby, my current Rotti, although different, is also a loving and loyal. When visitors come over, after the customary hellos, she'll want to sit by (or on) her owners feet. And even though she'd never encountered young kids before, she's really gentle with them too. I guess it comes down to the breeder and the owner.

Thanks for your comments.

• 11 months later...

;) Me too.

My son and his wife had the most beautiful Rottie girl back in the '80's, the gentlest and most loving girl, when she was five she was diagnosed with the big C in her left hind leg, the vet said that if he took the leg off she would be OK.

Not so, it travelled to her spine and six weeks after her op she too passed away in her sleep, so I reckon your Tess and their Bow are now romping at the :thumbsup: together having a wonderful time :rofl: :D ;)