Feeding

Savanna's mom

Did the breeder give you a puppy diet sheet?. What are you feeding her?.

I feed Nutro a superior commercial dry food, puppy formula, and on the back of the packet it gives you the correct amount in grams to feed according to the weight of the dog.

By all means leave water out for her at night, but generally not food.

I would contact the breeder if you are concerned as to the amount the baby should be fed.

I am surprised that the breeder of your puppy did not give you a diet chart on their feeding regime, with suggestions of what has been fed since weaning, and also explain how to increase the amount fed as the puppy grows.

Maybe Savanna did not come from a good breeder so needs help from others who have Golden Retriever.

I cant help here as my pups are very tiny and are crated every night.

Apolo

Congratulations on your new pup.

:(:)

She will need feeding three times a day, hard to estimate amounts as I have always had litters and they are fed 'en masse' not separately. Maybe 1/2 to 3/4 cup of a good super premium puppy food (Eagle Pack/Royal Canin etc.) in the morning, you could flavour it with a little Advance Puppy Growth Formula if you wish, a chicken wing and a neck for lunch and another 1/2 to 3/4 cup of dry with a little human grade beef mince for dinner. All puppies are different and she will grow rapidly so you will need to monitor her and adjust the food as necessary. You could also add canned sardines or mackerel occasionally and give her a brisket bone to chew on.

I wouldn't leave food with her at any time especially at night, if she doesn't finish her meal take it away after 10/15 minutes and don't feed her again until the next mealtime. Water is ok, but it may mean that she'll find it harder to hold on during the night and you will probably have to get up very early, if she's outside then of course it doesn't matter.