K9 Force - Melbourne Visit

I thought it worthwhile to start a thread, formally thanking Steve to all his help so far.

I am greatly looking forward to tomorrow and the weekend.

Awesome simply awesome.

Everything is perfect, even the sometimes suspect Melbourne weather, LOL.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW all attendees - no picking on Stamp's weight, he has been having a spell and has been in a good paddock, so to speak. Fat as a pig.

Look forward to catching up with you again Erny.

Fido see you tomorrow!!!!!

BTW all attendees - no picking on Stamp's weight, he has been having a spell and has been in a good paddock, so to speak. Fat as a pig.

Look forward to catching up with you again Erny.

Fido see you tomorrow!!!!!

Hi ya Lablover,

Look forward to it! The naughty boy in my avatar will be coming along so you will have no trouble working out who I am :( .

Cheers,

Corine

Hi Erny,

You going to the Friday one? If so, see you there!

Cheers,

Corine

Hi Fido! Yep .... all three days. I will be there a little later in the morning of Friday and Saturday due to Kal's ill health, but I will be there. :) See you then. :(

feeling really depressed here,

we were booked in to go and have paid, but went to get dinner earlier on and the car died!! when i went to restart it there was a loud BANG, i mean even the neighbours came out to see what was going on!! anyhow can't get in touch with a mechanic, had to happen after hours!!! The muffler has literally exploded it is split down the middle lengthwise, will see if we can get it in to the local muffler place, but they won't be able to fix it in 30mins!!

will phone steve in the morning to let him know we won't be able to make it :(

have been SO looking forward to it too!! partner was going to take his video camera and tape it all too!

hope you all have a great time!!!

cheers

oonga

Edited by oonga

Hi Corine,

no haven't been able to organize transport yet, we are in Chelsea Heights,

cheers

oonga

Dishes washed, clothes packed and all "fired" up for more, more, more!!!!!

Oonga I could easily pick you up. Send me an Email for contact numbers.

Well I wasn't going to say anything... *grins and runs*

And while I took everything with me, almost including the kitchen sink, I am kicking myself for not taking a notepad!

Steve is not only a super informative lecturer, he's also an entertaining one. Well worth the long drive (though the drive home was a bit of a horror).

Lablover's demo was very impressive, as was the S&R one at the end.

Lovely to see so many nice looking dogs too. And Erny, were you there?

And nekbeht (I hope I have the right nick to the right person) - let us know how your foot is going.

yes I ended up sick as a dog, barely made it home through the traffic with a migrain and pounding pain in my foot ... Oh half of it is a nice bruise today ... but I can walk a little better :rofl:

Lablover your dog is amazing! Want a mal to train? Despite all the ruckus she made (and drumroll please .... she's coming into SEASON yay for me) she's really a lovely dog :rofl: Its a new one for Steve to discuss - Hormone Drive, the pain in the arse behaviour a dog gets when its coming into season! Half a container of Rescue Remedy into her and she's starting to settle :D

great to put more faces to names. And I got to hug little Rosie again :rofl: Very interesting day, definately gonna start implementing some of that.

And Erny, were you there?

Sure was! In for the whole caboodle (3 days). Sorry KK, I didn't realise you would be there so no opportunity to introduce. Ummmmm, you there tomorrow too? (ie Sunday). What dog is yours? (sigh .... I'm one of those who recognise people by their dogs. Sad phenonima, really. But common, me thinks :rofl:)

And Nekhbet! I should have recognised your dog from your avatar. Didn't 'click' I'm afraid.

Edited by Erny

Erny - if only I had known! I could have regaled you with more tales of "wierd people I meet at the park"!! :rofl:

Mine was the little b&w that K9 did food drive with. Which one was yours?

I didn't sign up for the whole weekend - I figured the one day would give me enough to digest for a while. (and it has)

Nekbeht - so the foot isn't broken? Just bruised? And THAT drive home, with a painful foot and a migraine... It was bad enough for me without those added issues. Glad you got home safe and sound. Give that gorgeous boofer a hug from me (oh, and a pat for the 'wild thang' as well :rofl: )

OK - first question to K9 (when he is back in the land of the internet) - I figured I would buy a 2nd collar to be the 'cabanossi collar' when I am out and about. But when I get to being out and about in a leash free park with it, won't the other dogs be TOO interested in her and her collar???

Oh, and I left a little green fridge bag behind - nothing dire, but if anyone is still there, and reading this, and lives SE Melbourne (bayside-ish) and could take it home - would appreciate it. I will also try and remember to give K9 a call in the morning before things start (which is what he asked me to do today when I rang him last night - but I forgot :rofl: )

Hi ya all,

I only went to the Friday one as had to watch the $$$ now I've been retrenched. It was great to see so many DOLers there and some faces from my old obediance club. I now know who Scope, Lablover (Stamp is a Honey), Erny, and Oonga are, and was that Nekhbet with the Dogue and Belgian? I was very impressed with my boy's behaviour, believe it or not he can be aggro to male dogs but was fine. It was konda embarrassing how he kept crawling in my lap but hey at least he kept me warm! I have no idea how I made it home without getting totally lost, so hard to drive and navigate when it's so dark.

Steve is a great speaker, I just hope some of it actually sunk in to my thick head LOL! I wish I could have done the other course too but couldn't spare the extra cash sorry Steve. I really enjoyed the SAR demo at the end, the run at the end to find the lost person was good exercise too. Julie and Andrew's dogs are great, totally focussed on their task.

Cheers,

Corine

yes I ended up sick as a dog, barely made it home through the traffic with a migrain and pounding pain in my foot ... Oh half of it is a nice bruise today ... but I can walk a little better :D

Lablover your dog is amazing! Want a mal to train? Despite all the ruckus she made (and drumroll please .... she's coming into SEASON yay for me) she's really a lovely dog :rofl: Its a new one for Steve to discuss - Hormone Drive, the pain in the arse behaviour a dog gets when its coming into season! Half a container of Rescue Remedy into her and she's starting to settle :D

great to put more faces to names. And I got to hug little Rosie again :rofl: Very interesting day, definately gonna start implementing some of that.

So that was you, sorry for not figuring it out sooner. Maybe "hormone drive" is what's wrong with my girl too. Mel is 10 mths old and lately has displayed behaviour that she didn't even show as a baby. She's a nut at the mo, you might reacall my question at the end about the demanding food and nipping if it doesn't come fast enough. The little darling has becone very vocal of late too, a right little miss :rofl: .

Cheers,

Corine

Wow I didn't realise just how many DOlers were there - I figured one or two out but just realised how many I missed! :rofl:

I wish I'd stuck around for the S&R demo - would've been great to see but it was an awfully long drive home so needed to get going.... awesome day though learnt heaps and gave me a lot to think about and try! :rofl: Certainly inspired me to ask a little more of Darce and see how she goes!

Your demo was awesome Lablover - I was very impressed! :rofl: