Sorry to break up this little love fest, but I've just gone and looked at the website for this "natural" dog food.

As an example, one product lists the ingredients as: Pork Meal, Ground Yellow Corn, Ground Brown Rice, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Dried Beet Pulp, Anchovy & Sardine Meal, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Egg Product, Flaxseed, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Air-Dried Peas, Dried Carrots, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Pantothenic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Rosemary Extract, Inositol, Dehydrated Kelp, Polysaccharide Complexes (sequestered) of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Potassium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Enterococcus faecium, B. Subtillus, Bacillus lichenformis, Bacillus coagulins, Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus niger.

Excuse me???? Why the heck would you want a product that's top five ingredients are "Pork Meal, Ground Yellow Corn, Ground Brown Rice, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal". Since when do dogs need to eat a diet of primarily grains, with a little bit of "meal" included. Oh and then let's throw in a bit of chicken fat for good measure. But not just any chicken fat! PRESERVED chicken fat. Woohoo!

Oh just went and looked at the "giant breed puppy" forumala. It's been tested apparently. "Ours is the only brand test-fed on eight litters of Great Dane puppies (1990). There were no reported problems. We tested again in 2002; again no problems. " Well how very scientific, must have taken someone with a high school diploma to conduct that level of research!

It gets better! The holistic chicken is "raised by Amish and Mennonite farmers". Then we cook it mix in lots of preservatives, put it on a ship for several months to get it to Australia, then put it in a shop! It's so natural!

So please explain Amba, since you're obviously an expert in canine nutrition, why a dog should eat this product to be healthy?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ST I feel you are being very critical here. most of us who have posted here with positive comments about Eagle Pack have done so after changing our dogs from diets that were not giving our dogs the requirements they needed.

For me personally my dogs stools have never been better since going onto Eagle pack. I was a BARFer prior to that but after my diet suffered food poisoning, campylobacter, from premium grade human beef, I set about doing the research on a product that was as near to what I was feeding and my dogs are looking superb.

Even other BARFers on this forum recommend EaglePack to those who want to feed a kibble.

The old saying used to be something like," don't comment unless you have tried it"

:laugh: to Eagle Pack

Reviews about Eagle Pack. Overall, it is one of the best kibbles available. http://www.rateitall.com/i-55736-eagle-pack.aspx

forums on Eagle Pack http://www.terrificpets.com/forum/24640.asp,

http://www.pets.ca/forum/printthread.php?t=7129

If you are concerned about "Corn" in Eagle Pack food, please read the following website http://www.greatdanelady.com/articles/the_corn_myth.htm

I feed the Holistic Select to my dog. His coat is beautiful soft and shiny. His skin is nice and healthy. I gave some sample to my sister's dogs and within a week they stopped scratching. They used to scratch madly and had bad odour. My sister is so impressed with the food and she said she should have fed them Eagle Pack holistic a long time ago.

The following website has important information about commercial dog foods. Egle Pack Holistic select is also listed as one of the better foods. http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html#commercial

Eagle Pack diets have been listed consistently in the Top Ten in "The Whole Dog Journal" American website. Out of the 10 that Eagle Pack had something going on that was lacking in the others (Holistic Wellness for Life). The Holistic Select Formula received rave reviews in "Good Dog Magazine"

Edited by panda

Come to think of it Tilly is scratching far far less than she used to since being on eaglepack large breed puppy. and she loves eating it, took her one night of not really liking it (but I think she may have been fed dinner already that night as she was at the kennels up until 5.15 pm). But the way she hoovers up food it's a wonder she tastes anything!

I'm still waiting for my sample packs to see whether Ons. likes it but Tilly will be definitely having EaglePack.

I would also like to compliement Eaglepack on their fantastic service. Last Monday I emailed Amba to ask some advice and request some samples ... the samples were in my letterbox 9am Wednesday morning!! :love: and the dogs loved the biscuits! I have placed an order for a large bag today and am looking forward to switching the dogs over to Eaglepack.

Hi Mollyinblue, what did you feed your dog before ordered Eagle Pack?

Unfortunately, Amba is no longer a member of dolforums :love: . The account has been deleted and she is no longer welcome here because some members don't agree with a sales rep trying to promote the food on this forum. She did apologise to mods and users though.

I got some samples of holistic lamb and duck from Amba just last week. My dog loves them. I remember when I introduced the holistic chicken to him for the first time, he turned his nose away from it. He was quite a picky eater then but I had to stay strong and I didn't give him different food. It took about a week for him to get used to the taste. Now, as soon as I put the food down, he goes straight to it. I can't be happier. :cheer:

Edited by panda

My girl loves the Holistic Duck and Oatmeal.

InspectorRex, does your dog have allergies to other proteins? Please read below information I copied from http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html#commercial He's on the holistic fish at the moment, and I was going to order the holistic duck, but after I found this information I'm going to settle on the holistic chicken or lamb.

Exotic Proteins Just a note about using foods with exotic proteins, such as duck, venison, fish, etc. These foods are mostly formulated to be able to offer proteins that a dog has never had before for dogs with food allergies. I do not recommend feeding them to normal dogs. If you feed these foods routinely, then if your dog does develop food allergies at some point, it is going to be very difficult for you to find a protein that he has never had before in order to try an elimination diet. For the most part, I would reserve these exotic protein foods for dogs that have food problems.

Edited by panda

Hi panda,

My dogs have been on Natural Balance and raw meaty bones, but have one who suffers from itching and odour, we have been unable to find a cause, and have tried elimination diet and the hill prescription ZD, vet consults, etc etc, but she still scratches, so after reading some many DOLERs raves and success stories thought that Eaglepack has got to be worth a try. Fingers crossed.

Unfortunately, Amba is no longer a member of dolforums :mad . The account has been deleted and she is no longer welcome here because some members don't agree with a sales rep trying to promote the food on this forum. She did apologise to mods and users though.

I think you should get your facts straight before you put comments like this on the forum. The account wasn't deleted. She initially was the one to say she would not be posting on here anymore because of what I assumed was a comment in one of the threads that wasn't praising the product.

I did however say to her later that it is probably better that she no longer posts as it can be taken as advertising. She has emailed me recently to say she can no longer access the forum (I cannot see a reason why though as I have done nothing to her membership to cause this).

Edited to add clarity

Edited by Troy

Unfortunately, Amba is no longer a member of dolforums :mad . The account has been deleted and she is no longer welcome here because some members don't agree with a sales rep trying to promote the food on this forum. She did apologise to mods and users though.

I think you should get your facts straight before you put comments like this on the forum. The account wasn't deleted. She initially was the one to say she would not be posting on here anymore because of what I assumed was a comment in one of the threads that wasn't praising the product.

I did however say to her later that it is probably better that she no longer posts as it can be taken as advertising. She has emailed me recently to say she can no longer access the forum (I cannot see a reason why though as I have done nothing to her membership to cause this).

Edited to add clarity

Troy, I didn't know that. I only got the information from her via e-mail. She sent me an e-mail saying that my samples are on the way and she is no longer a member of dolforums. She also said that the account has been deleted and she is no longer welcome here. That's how I got the information. I didn't just make this up. It happened to me twice that I couldn't access the forum, but then I realised that I had to sign in again. Perhaps she needs to sign in again. I guess the reason she thought that her account has been deleted is because she couldn't access it. Just a coincident I supposed.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edited by panda

I switched to Eagle Pack on the weekend. Only bought a 3KG bag of the fish ones.. I thought it smelled quite strong but Ned seems to like it fine.. he's been waking me up at the crack of the dawn the last few days and running outside and sits infront of his bowl, waiting to get fed :rofl:

Will keep going to see if his skin/fur improves and hopefully release less toxic farts!

he's been waking me up at the crack of the dawn the last few days and running outside and sits infront of his bowl, waiting to get fed

Aww..that is so cute, Petal. By the way, what were you feeding him before Eagle Pack?

he's been waking me up at the crack of the dawn the last few days and running outside and sits infront of his bowl, waiting to get fed

Aww..that is so cute, Petal. By the way, what were you feeding him before Eagle Pack?

Panda,

He was on supercoat - I have read about Supercoat - although one of the better supermarket brands - giving some dogs bad farts, so hopefully his farts wont be as bad.

I still have some left, so I will use them as training treats as they are smaller and the smell isnt as overwhelming...

I still give him beef mince and chicken necks for night meals .. sometimes with or without dried kibbles.

I have a question for you lot feeding eagle pack tho, do you give your dogs less then when you fed them some other brand?

I usually give Ned about 1/2 cup in the mornings but I find 1/2 cup of Eagle Pack kibbles look alot more then 1/2 cup of the Supercoat kibbles... ?

Thanks Troy for clarifying things :rofl:

Panda- my girl is on the Duck and Oatmeal as she had a severe bout of food posioning from eatiing Premium Human Grade beef and a few moths after that she had a severe adverse reaction to Metacam and was on a drip at the Vets for 3 days. She cannot tolerate fish and fish is one of the ingredients in the Holistic Chicken, she cannot tolerate lamb either so we opted for the Duck and Oatmeal and she has been on it for over a month nowand her stools are proper ones, her coat is glossy and she has put condition back on.

Having lost a dog last year to severe Inflammatory Bowel Disease( where every know protein source was tried to no avail) I am very well aware and informed about digestive issues in dogs.

Edited by InspectorRex