Need Help ! Re New Puppy

Gemmarow

New to all this. :D

Please Help if you can.

Have just purchased a new puppy from a breeder. All is going well, have only had her for 1 week. :rofl::clap:

But have just noticed that her left eye turns out. :clap: She is only 10 weeks old.

Am I worring about nothing? Please can some one help me? :clap::clap:

ohhh a new puppy how exciting , can also be worrying times tho cant it... i would speak to the breeder se what they say... ( what breed have u got) piccies pleaseeee :rofl: then if you are still concerned speak to the vet.. pup will be almost due for second needle..maybe you could ask then.. how is pup in every other way.. sleeping and being destructive yet..lol i have an 11 weekold stafford pup.. :clap:

Have all ready spoken to the breeder, she just thinks that I want to return her. :clap::clap:

Has not actulley given any advice in regard to this problem. She has just said that she should grow out of it. :rofl:

But it seams to be getting worse.

Yes I will be taking her to my vet as soom as I have time off work. :clap:

She is beautiful in every other way.

She is not eating propley yet but we are winning on every other way.

She is not destroying every thing yet.

But she loves to tease the 15 week old kitten.

Will post photo's when I can convince husband to help me.

Everyone please excuse spelling.

its a bit of a shame that the breeder hasnt given you any advice or help at all.. not very responsible IMO.. anyway.. she sounds lovely all you can do is take her to vet when u can and get it checked just to make sure.. does she have any trouble seing or focusing on you at all? what breed is she would love to see pics..

She is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Tri-colour. Very pretty to look at other the her eye.

Last night a sent a very blunt email to the breader.

The basices being that I did not want to return her, that I just need some help/information so that I could work out what I needed to do for her. What had coursed this to happen.

She replied while I was at work, saying that she thought that I was unhappey with the puppy and that I seamed to be Complaining alot. I thought I was keeping her informed on how the puppy was settling in, like she asked that I do. We did have a couple of bad day at the beggining. But that is normal.

Any way getting back on topic, she explained that it is common for puppy's to have weak eye mussel's and she has given me some focising exersies to do with her.

I all so stopped into my vet's this afternoon and spoke to one of the nurses (she happens to bread pug's) and she all explained that it sometimes occure to them as well.

So all happy now.

Here are some photo's

They are Jetta the puppy, Coockie the British Short Hair, Cherrie the Pinto (Horse and her foal Bella) who is 10 months old now. with my two daughter's D. J. and Tineeka. Tineeka is trying to pat the Pinto. By the Way I do not breed dogs I breed !/4 Horses.

post-8042-1150368883_thumb.jpg

post-8042-1150368907_thumb.jpg

post-8042-1150368952_thumb.jpg

post-8042-1150368988_thumb.jpg

I think the breeder is right, just put a pic of a pug I bought the other day. His eye turns every now and then too.

But regardless, the breeder should have explained this from the start, when you mentioned it, as she was aware of these things happening.

Oh and soooooooo love your baby, she is sooooooooo gorgeous. Love her markings. She looks as snug as a bug in a rug.

Do you mind sharing about the exercises as I havnt been told what to do. Just curious.

post-8921-1150381415_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sivaro

Hi Sivaro,

Not a problem at all.

What she said to was tomake her focus on you then put your finger up and try to get her to follow in to focus with the bad eye on you.

Hope that made sence.

Hang on I will go and copy the instruction from the email.

Copyed from the breader.

(Try and get her to focus on things like your finger and you will help strengthen her muscles.

She has four lots around her eyes that just as with kids need to strengthen.)

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Just go home from work at 7pm.

Hope this helps

Bye

Hope this helps.

Edited by Gemmarow

That's a beatiful puppy, I'll bet you have already fallen in love with each other.

Don't worry too much about the eye, certainly ask your vet's opinion when you see him and try the exercises. The dog will still be able to see properly, at least in humans the brain kind of sorts the information out and the person can still see ok.

I don't think much of the breeders attitude, but at least now you are seeing eye to eye (sorry for the pun)

Do keep a close watch on it in the future. If it bulges more than normal or changes in appearance in any way then check with your vet, and that would apply to many pug, cavilier, boston dogs.

You still have a wonderful dog that is one of the most loved and endearing breeds, these faults do occur from time to time.