K9 Force - Ballarat

Hi

Our club is considering hosting a K9 Force workshop. Depending on numbers it would be an evening (3 hours) or preferably a 1 day workshop. The topic(s) haven't been decided.

I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity for people who live some distance from Melbourne to attend one of these sessions. Our club also said that if the response was good enough they would consider having more workshops to cover different topics in the future.

The cost would depend on numbers and the more people who attend, the less it will cost. Steve is hoping to be in Victoria in November but no dates have been fixed.

Could you let me have an idea of who would be interested and which topics interest you so that I can take the info back to the club committee.

Thanks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me! Me! Me!

I was going to say you could have it here, but you'd probably want it at the training grounds if the clubs hosting it.

I'd prefer the whole day workshop, don't mind the topics.

Guest Clover

I would definitely be interested but it would all depend on when it is and cost at the moment.

Wow Shep you're easily pleased. :dropjaw: Thanks for the offer of your place I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Can you please ask around at your club to see who might be interested? We're just getting an idea of numbers at this stage.

The two sessions have different costs so the more people we get the cheaper it will be. This is just a guess but a 3 hour session could be around $15. I wouldn't even try to estimate the 1 day session at this stage but I'm sure it would be reasonable and well worth the cost.

Clover and KJ - any particular topics?

K9: Thanks for the great response, so you all know, if we do the three hour info nite type thing, I would only be working with maybe one or two dogs as a demo... So only one or two dogs will come along..

If we do a whole day there may be opportunity to work quite a few more, but every one can bring their dog...

Count me in for sure - I would prefer an all day, my view is that it makes it really worth while and you learn heaps more because there are more dogs with different temperaments to see working. My personal interests are 'Drive training' and dealing with 'Fear/Aggression Issues' (I can supply a dog for that one ......)

I could probably rustle up a few more.

Come on central Vic, lets all support this one - I can vouch for the fact that it will be really worth your while.

ME!!! I've been waiting for one to come close enough to get to!

I would definately prefer a day workshop, and 'drive training' is what most interests me, but I'd be happy to learn/hear about everything else related. :dropjaw:

If I know it's going ahead, I'd be very happy to rope in other interested Bendigo people. You might need to let me know if there's a limit!

Hopenfox you can only come if Fox is wearing his sunglasses. :dropjaw:

That would be great if you could mention it to the Bendigo people and give me an idea of how many are interested.

I think the main thing with numbers is that the more people we have the less it costs but on the other hand less people will mean Steve will be able to work on more peoples dogs. Hope that makes sense.

I'll find out what he thinks is a comfortable no to work with.

Me too!!! Day thing would be good cant let mum and sis have all the fun. Mum would prolly want to go again as she would have been working on training from his last session by then after she gets back from o'seas

Better a saturday if club is going to run it dont want to clash with normal training so our instructors could go. Sorry Trish :dropjaw:

Wow Shep you're easily pleased. :dropjaw:

I've been to 2 K9 Force workshops so far, and I reckon Steve could spend the whole day talking about how to teach your dog to sit and a) you'd learn something new and b) you wouldn't be bored for a second which is why I'm so keen and don't mind what the topics are. A couple of things overlapped in the 2 workshops I've been to, but theres so much of an information overload, its great to hear it again and probably pick something up you missed the first time.

Personally, I think it would be best to have a small-ish group - I'd be happy to pay a bit extra to maybe get the chance to have my dog worked with.

Better a saturday if club is going to run it dont want to clash with normal training so our instructors could go. Sorry Trish ;)

No worries, I can always re-arrange my days with a bit of notice.. :wink:

Besides it's a very good idea that instructors should be able to go........

Edited by Pippi