Simple Way To Cut The Drying Time By Half

Ah Ngau

May be this is common knowledge but I couldn't find it here with the search function.

Microfiber towel sold in auto shop is great to dry my furkid. Mine is a golden, I used to spend an hour with a hair dryer to dry his coat after a bath, even after using 2 cotton towels to puff him down first. Now, it takes less than 30mins.

Going to swim is even easier. Get out of the water, towel him down, get in the car... by the time we are home, he's already dry.

Hope this help.

Ben

Edited by Ah Ngau

Yep, moisture magnet is one of the name they are known by.

Another alternative is to go to a large sports shop and look at the chamois that swimmers and divers use. They come in different sizes and have the same effect.

I find with the yanks, it's best to concentrate on one area at a time. I start at the head and do the ears a couple of times each and then the chest, then front legs (one at a time) then side and belly coat and then back legs (one at a time). It does take a bit of time with the squeezing and then wringing out but it does save time on the grooming table in the long run.

I used to use a chamois to dry off Kal after her swims at doggy pool. There was quite a few pauses to ring it out, but she was almost dry before we got back to the car. Admittedly, her short coat was very easy to deal with in that respect.

But, if using a chamois, I read that you need to be careful you don't chose one that has any sort of chemical (I think some have substances to help keep the chamois soft) as this can cause a reaction on the skin of some dogs.

I've used the sports microfibre towels on myself - they are very good. If I was in the dog grooming industry, I'd probably use two or three of them for the one dog and then wring them all out in one hit once the dog was finished. Would save all those 'pauses'. But would, of course, increase the amount of towels used.

Edited for spelling - I knew I'd spelt "chamois" wrong .... and recognised the correct spelling from IR's later post. :happydance2:

Edited by Erny