Runny Poop

Teebs

Hey guys- Spook has had the runs since yesterday morning, brother fed her a roo tail, she had a little bit and got the runs, so told dad to get rid of it and just give her some chicken for dinner last night. Said he got up and there is yellow poo EVERYWHERE runny as anything.

Any ideas? We are off to the vet in an hour, but thought i would see you guys first! :rolleyes:

Well, I wouldn't be feeding Spook roo tail again any time soon :laugh:

Is this continual runny poop? Or is it just dinner from last night? Does Spook seem unwell?

Puppies can dehydrate quickly so I guess the vet is a good idea if you are really worried.

:vomit: Personally, I'd feed plain boiled chicken meat and rice and see if that binds puppy up a bit :rolleyes:

Another odd thing that DOES work is to give your pup quarter of a cup of Cottee's Diet Raspberry cordial (concentrated, not diluted) :D I know it sounds weird but when my pup had the runs, that was the breeder's advice and it really DID work!! :eek:

Another odd thing that DOES work is to give your pup quarter of a cup of Cottee's Diet Raspberry cordial (concentrated, not diluted) :rolleyes: I know it sounds weird but when my pup had the runs, that was the breeder's advice and it really DID work!! :laugh:

Cottees Country Blend is another.

The Australian Cricket team were the guinea pigs for this. Some years ago now they were in India or Pakistan or somewhere like that, where the water is questionable. Half the team apparently got ill and half the team didn't. The half that didn't had been drinking the Cottees. One of the universities did tests on it when they returned home and it was something to do with the preservatives that killed salmonella and (I believe) E-Coli.

Ok, we are back and im not happy,

She just got a bit of a infection, and a bit of a temp. She is on some meds and only to have a few SMALL meals today and tomorrow.

Vet told dad that he should get her off whatever he is feeding her, and ONLY feed her pal dry food or chum :laugh:

I told dad (in front of vet) that both those foods are shit, and that the dog needs some form of meat and bones.

Vet said that it is all a myth that dogs dont do any better on one food to the other, that chum is as good as any other food.

This is also the same vet that recommends spoodles :rolleyes:

I have thought about leaving and finding a new vet, but i cant afford to! They let me have an account there and no other vets will :D

I just really cant believe it. When i told him i was feeding sc and am thinking of changing he said not to bother, i guess he doesnt want me to, because then Atlas will keep getting his skin problems and he will keep getting the money

ARGH

Go BLAND with the chicken & rice and definitely give the Chum a miss for now! :)

I can't BELIEVE that a vet would recommend just switching the diet like that! :D :D

As for foods, many people on here have different opinions and that's fine - it depends on the dog and one-size-fits-all just never works. :rofl:

BUT please do NOT switch his diet quickly, whatever you choose to feed :D

And account or no account - what's the use in paying anything to a vet who can't even give good advice about a puppy with the runs :thumbsup:

Get another vet. One who will at least give you some sound advice. :D

Yeah, But damage is done - I tried to talk to dad about food last night, and he said if he had the choice to chose between the vet and myself, then he is going to pick the vet.

:thumbsup:

My brother will be changing vets, its just that he cant drive yet and its up to dad to take him there.

So once he is on his feet she will be going to a different vet