Website That Sells Cheap Flea & Tick Spot Ons

Ittybitty_

please let me know I would be interested if it is!

OK - it arrived yesterday

The verdict is in - they ate it without anything added to it. My fussy Boxer & even non-fussy Labrador wouldn't eat Eagle Pack plain - only if it had sardines/egg/yoghurt etc added to it!!! :rofl:

So yeah - that's why i was looking for something different, but just as natural to feed when I'm feeling lazy with feeding the BARF, and getting it prepared etc. Much cheaper too!

-WithEverythingIAm

OK Ingredients:

Australian Rice, Lamb Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Tallow, Omega Magic Essential Oil Blend, Oat Bran, FOS, Yucca Extract, sodium HMP, natural flavours, Vitamins A D3 E K3 B1 B2 B3 B5 B6 B12 Folic Acid, Biotin, Copper (from Sulphate), Copper Chelate, Zinc (from Sulphate), Zinc Chelate, Manganese (from Oxide), Manganese Chelate, Iron (from Sulphate), Iron Chelate, Selenium, Iodine & Calcium

No idea what some of that is...

-WithEverythingIAm

This is a bit of a worry.......

There is some evidence that consecutive use of yucca can interfere with absorption of fat soluble vitamins

FOS=A naturally occurring substance comprised of the fossilized remains of diatoms. Diatoms are microscopic sized hard shelled creatures found in both marine and fresh waters. This is often used as a filtering material.

tallow is obtained from the tissue of cattle in the commercial process of rendering.

Although this is a very palatable source of fat, it is low in linoleic acid, which is necessary for skin and coat health. In addition, beef can be a source of allergies for some animals.

Cheaper for what products? :thumbsup:

Product --- Priceless Pets --- iPet

Frontline Plus Medium 6 pack --- $44 --- $47.50

Advantage 10-25kg 6 pack --- $38.85 --- $40.70

HeartGard Plus 12-22kg 6 pack --- $32.50 --- $26.20

Postage --- $5.50 --- $3.30

The $2.20 saving on postage is quickly eaten up by their product prices.

Just wanted to say I bought the heartworm and tick meds I needed for my trip north through priceless pets, after consulting with them on options via email. They were very, very helpful, and the meds arrived in 6 days - not bad from Brisbane to Hobart. I found them excellent to deal with. (And no, I don't have shares - just went on recommendations from friends.)

This is a bit of a worry.......

There is some evidence that consecutive use of yucca can interfere with absorption of fat soluble vitamins

FOS=A naturally occurring substance comprised of the fossilized remains of diatoms. Diatoms are microscopic sized hard shelled creatures found in both marine and fresh waters. This is often used as a filtering material.

tallow is obtained from the tissue of cattle in the commercial process of rendering.

Although this is a very palatable source of fat, it is low in linoleic acid, which is necessary for skin and coat health. In addition, beef can be a source of allergies for some animals.

hi vanessa

i was reading this thread, and i was going to also recommend priceless pets-very quick service, and very reasonable prices...

FOS-i think you are off the track with this ingredient, i have seen this used a lot in human food, and other pet foods, if you do a google search for FOS (Fructo-oligosaccharides ) http://au.health.yahoo.com/041101/25/1upz.html?r=967673105 you will find they are an organic carbohydrate that help to improve the good bacteria in the gut.

yucca-this is a natural plant extract, i have seen this is a lot of dog foods, as it is meant to help with digestion and reduce odour

I think that this is a good ingredient to add. From my reading after doing a google search it looks like a lot of pet food companies use this in supplements.....

tallow-is the fat from cattle, and dog foods tend to either use chicken fat, beef fat, or lamb fat as one or more of their ingredients, as dogs do need fat in their diet..this is a commonly used source of fat for dog food....

from looking at their website they also add omega 3 oils, so that should improve the levels of linoleic fatty acids that dogs needs

http://www.naturalbalance.net.au/products.php

Edited by larry