Mitchi Is Getting Spayed Today 15/9

Flaves

:rofl: My poor little baby is getting spayed today.

Glenn took her cause i had to be at work early, i went last night and fille dinthe form cause he is hopeless like that! :p

I rang him as he was dropping her off and he said she was pretty p%^^ed at him for not giving her breakfast! Thats my girl, ruled by her tummy.

I have been worrying all day and when the vet called and left a message for me to call him back this morning, i nearly died. I thought 'oh my god she is dead'. You know how the first thought is always bad?

He only called to let me know tha tthey were not dremoving her dew claws as they were fully attached and they only do them if they are very loose and usually only the back ones. :rofl:

But i get to go and pick her up soon! Yay and very excited about seeing her.

I know it is probably silly but i cannot remember what it was like without her and Barker and i hate to imagine what i would be like if something did happen to them.

Needless to say the little monster head will be spoiled for the next few days!

Edited by Kristie

I just spoke to the vet and i can pick her up at 6. They said 'everything went as well as can be expected'.

I hope i am reading too much into it and all is fine. They said she was a little groggy but ok.

I can't wait. Only 1 hour and she will be home!

she'll no doubt be fine, be a bit miserable tonight and just want some tender loving care but tomorrow back to her normal self.

I wish some vets were more sensitive or at least the vet nurses. Tilly was being desexed, got back into the office to find a message to ring the vets. I ring, the girl I am supposed to speak to wasn't there so I asked the receptionist if Tilly was okay with my heart in my mouth, the girl said "I have to put you on to so and so I can not tell you what the problem is" well by this time I was absolutely panicking - turned out all it was was whether Tilly could take part in a survey about pain levels :rofl: :p :rofl:

Well, Glenn and i both went to pick her up...in seperate cars...becasue we couldn't have one get her without the other making sure she was ok too.

She is VERY drowsy, looks stoned and when we took her to the loo she could hardly walk.

She is so cold she is shaking so i have wrapped her in a blanket like a baby. She just lays there and cries. I breaks my heart cause i can't tdo anything to stop the pain. She can hardly move and just lays and cries.

I am in the study adn i can hear her from here.

I am taking Barks to training tomorrow and Glenn is staying hom ewith her and hten i will be home in the afternoon.

I feel awful that i put her through thi. i know it i for the best but she is just a little baby.

We tried to give her water...no go, tried to give her some food...no go. But am not too worried as the vet said she may be like that.

I mut say my vet is great. We go backon monday to get a check up that everything is healing properly and no infection, then back in 10 days for the stitches to be removed.

When i had my other dgs done, the just went back to get the stitches out.

And i am impressed wth the cost.

I love th evet nurse cause she gave Mitchi the lovliest snuggle AND A KISS ON HER NOSE!!!

Very impressed.

you are feeling exactly like I felt after both Onsy and Tilly were done. But it was only for an evening and they were both fine the next day. I still felt the meanest mum in the world though. Just keep her quiet, have someone at home with her for the first few days and she should be right as rain. She will just want to sleep tonight and be quiet, and wrap her warm if she is cold.

She is snuggled in her blanky so she is warm and she is just sleeping. had a little yoghurt and about 2 licks of water and we are about to go to bed sso she can sleep.

And you are right! I feel like the meanest person in the world. barks as even been really quiet around her. He went up and kissed her on the nose and then went and sat down,.

"She is VERY drowsy, looks stoned and when we took her to the loo she could hardly walk. She is so cold she is shaking so i have wrapped her in a blanket like a baby. She just lays there and cries. I breaks my heart cause i can't tdo anything to stop the pain. She can hardly move and just lays and cries."

Oh dear! Did they give her a shot of metacam or anything post-op? I always recommend giving Arnica before and after surgery, plus Phosphorus post-op or an anaesthetic detox. It really helps recovery and eases swelling, bruising and other related surgery conditions.

Oh, that's good news Kristie. Sounds as though she may have been done later in the day, and so was still in recovery when you picked her up.

Now, your task will be to persuade her that she needs to take things a bit easy for a few days - good luck with that. (My two - male and female -were desexed on the same day. The next day they squeezed through a small hole in the fence to go play with some kids on the street 100 metres down my road :thumbsup: - Luckily the kids were savvy - put leads on, took them into their yard, and rang the number on the tags - bless their hearts.)

It's so hard when they're in surgery - had a surgery done on my old (17) cat the other week, and my heart was in my mouth every time the phone rang. Vet office was good though - rang to say she was OK - and she came home fine - and hungry. Anesthetis have sure come a long way in the time I've been a pet owner.

Just wanted to say too, bless you for your work on that other matter. Hope all is well with you.

Isn't it funny how they are all so different? Some dogs go thru surgery as though nothing has happened, while others sook, cry and let you know how mean you are for putting them thru it al :thumbsup:

I'm glad she is ok, I find the girls seem to be a bit worse off, maybe 'cos they are under a bit longer? More involved? But then it could just be my girls, big sooks!

Hope all goes well Monday, my vet used to ask us in for a follow up check too, then stitches out after 10 days... Our boy didn't even get stitches, they just used the skin glue.

I bet she is playing up the sympathy! :(

She is nearly back to normal, playiing although a little less boisterously THANK GOODNESS!!!

Her and Barks are little ferals.

She stopped crying late last night, i thnk it was the drugs they gave her. I know if i have a general i am a wreck after it, crying etc.

She may be the same.

She is giving me really sad looks, so pathetic and i fall for it.

She has had extra treats, Glenn fed her off a spoon, yes you read right a SPOON, last night.

I bought them a soft serve from Mr Whippy today.

She has not really been eating much still, i guess her appetite will come back in a couple of days.

I bought them a soft serve from Mr Whippy today.

Look out it's Me or the Dog :rofl: Just kidding!!! :rofl:

I'm glad she is doing better. She clearly has You and Glenn figured out, next she will only eat off the fine china :rofl: I had to beg & plead like crazy just to get a soft serve after my caesar... You guys are much nicer than my OH :rofl: