Sweet Dreams Old Girl, Rosie

BJ.

Our lovely old girl Rosie went to sleep peacefully in her Daddy's arms on Friday. We were hoping to celebrate her 16 birthday in a few weeks time but it wasn't to be. :cheer: Our final gift to her was to allow her to go with dignity at the time of her choosing.

Rosie was testament to rescue dogs that have a hard start in life can go on to lead long healthy lives. We miss her, and she will always hold a special place in our hearts.

YLRLL-DCP_2392.JPG

What a wonderful testament to the joy of owning a rescue dog.

Rosie you had a wonderful loving home for a long time, you now have your wings so fly to the :D Watch over all those other dear pound dogs and help them find the sort of life that you found.

Wow, almost 16 years old is a very respectable age for an old lady to depart. From the photo of her on the couch, I would say she got the treatment she deserved in her forever home!

She's now at the Bridge, running around like a young dog and waiting for those who gave her so much love to be with her.

:rofl: Rest in Peace little Rosie.

Beautiful girl. More than a fantastic age for her size and history, you were her most loved and nurturing home. You made such a difference for her, and considered her dignity in the end. I had to do the same with my old boy who was a rescue, 16-17 years old. They are so special, take care of yourselves