Clipping Pups Nails?

Gambino

Well for a start you shouldn't have got a 6 week old puppy but that is back yarders for you.

If the nails are still pretty thin you can use a large human nail clipper to cut them. If they are a bit thicker then you will need a dog/cat nail clipper. You can buy one from your friendly groomers. Be sure not to cut them too short or they will hurt and bleed. Maybe a good idea to get the vet to do the nails when you take it for its 1st vaccination. In case you don't know, that is due now.

Invest in a quality pair of dog nail clippers - you'll be clipping nails for a long time.

For such a baby, maybe do just the very tips of the nails on one foot in a session... a couple of hours later do another foot. Reward the puppy - praise it when it is still and give it a treat when you are finished the foot. Making nail clipping a routine exercise will save you a lot of trouble down the track. :cry:

Guest Stevie'sGreat

I hope that after your last experience with little Honey, and as this puppy is so very very young, that you take your new little puppy to a vet straight away for checking. It would be a good time to discuss any questions like nails, diet, puppy school etc.

Does this puppy have a name yet? Can we see pictures?

ETA You will be spending a bit of time and money at your vet over the next few months, when you take into account vaccinations and desexing if not puppy accidents etc, so the more time you can spend with them on the first visit the better so you can build up a relationship with them!

Edited by Stevie'sGreat

*Yawn* don't you have some knitting or gossiping to do?

You haven't seen verbal abuse yet but im sure if you keep going you will see some colourful language coming from my username, I don't know who you people think you are but I can tell you we are not door mats and won't be treated like idiots by people like yourself who think they are inferior for which ever reason.

She has not got a name yet so until then it will be called "it" maybe call it unamed for now? such a sad bunch!

Thanks for the comments which actually had something to do with the thread

I don't know who you people think you are but I can tell you we are not door mats and won't be treated like idiots by people like yourself who think they are inferior for which ever reason.

Erm....Ok. We should not be treating people like idiots to prove that we are inferior. :(