How Do You Display Your Dogs Ribbons?

MrsD

well, at the moment, they're sitting in a cupboard collecting dust. however, there is/was/might be an intension to make either a quilt or doggie jackets with them. Preferabley dog Jackets-or buy already sown dog jackets and sow the ribbons on. we have enough to do both.(brag brag)

Edited Because AD can't speeel

Edited by agility_dobe

Well, we have a couple, so we used the back of a picture frame and a nail, tied some fishing line (light of course - no braid), and used some small pegs that you canget for hanging documents.

hard to imagine because I don't explain things well because I'm female!! :laugh:

Anyway, works for us !

My 5 yo BC girl has just over 100 ribbons in obedience and agility (she's a very clever girl). I used to put them around the walls of my office at home, hanging from a string, then I had to add a lower string. Then we moved. And I never put all of them back up. Now I put the "firsts" up on the wall of the spare bedroom, as well as the special type ones: obedience dog of the year for our club, ribbons from the nationals etc. I also have the ones from the higher tests/classes as we have fewer of those, currently draped over the couch in there. The rest are in a box in the cupbaord, but I would like to have them out where I can see them. My 4yo BC has a mere two ribbons, one of which says "congratulations on your first agility run" :rofl: but I am proud of her too.

I know people who have made them into bedspreads etc and another one I quite like is a friend who has a wicker washing basket and has ribbons of different colours draped over the outside and the rest inside and trophies sitting on top.

Because we rented for the first time ever this year, when I made my pet CV I took a photo of the dogs sitting with the ribbons piled all around them :rofl: Property manager was impressed!

I've got quite a collection from my previous boy and my current two (hastens to add, it's a lot easier to place in a small state! :rofl: ) It was going to be a retirement project to stitch them together to make a quilt or wall-hanging or something like that. Somehow, it hasn't happened yet - and won't for a while, as I'm back working -- partly to feed the competition habit and pay the entry fees and petrol trying to get more Qs and sashes! :rofl:

I like the idea of a picture in frame with one or two of the really special ones.

Hi all , my husband is going to get me some very fine dowel [wood]

it is like a fine round beading that you might see in cupboards ,buy some nice wooden brackets and put them across the wall above my computer for me to use the double sided picture tack to secure

my ribbons -I just hope it looks good or my name will be mud lol

Glorybea

i

Thanx for all the ideas everyone, still havent quite decided what Im going to do yet, but there have been some great ideas :thumbsup: .

Caseykay :p :D dont have that many, I counted them & there are about 40 including a few club & confirmation ones :rofl: .

Edited by MrsD